Ubuntu 7.10 server/ZM 1.23.2 from src, how to (31/03/2008)

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
PeterHoward

Post by PeterHoward »

PeterHoward wrote: I can't remember the full detail, so we'll have to work through it. Do you have anything with "zoneminder" in the name in /usr/share/debhelper/autoscripts"?
OK, now that I have that bit sorted out in my brain, ignore that location. The correct location is /var/lib/dpkg/info/ You need to gut /var/lib/dpkg/info/zoneminder.postinst. Adding something like

Code: Select all

exit 0
near the top also does the job.

After that, typing

dpkg --configure -a
should finish off the installation.

Then it's up to you to make sure the database is OK.

PJH[/code]
carteriii

Post by carteriii »

Awesome! That did it. Thank you so very much.

I actually went looking for the MySQL syntax for "drop index if exists" to avoid the problem for others, but it doesn't seem that MySQL supports conditionally dropping a column or index with a simple "if exists" extension to the command. Instead it would require a script/procedures that first queries information_schema.statistics to look for the presence of the index and executes the drop within an IF block. I'll leave it up to the powers-that-be to decide whether it's worth that effort.

Thanks again.
paperstreet

Post by paperstreet »

Having an issue with Dapper and the Serialization part. Currently unable to record at risk of filling up the disk.

I started a new post, but was hoping someone here could help.

See:

http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11558

Thanks
williamberg

Post by williamberg »

Im try for a few days and take same error, can u help me? this error when I make

Making all in src
make[2]: Entrando no diretório `/home/will/ZoneMinder-1.23.3/src'
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I/usr/include -I/opt/include -Wall -Wno-sign-compare -g -O2 -MT zmc.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/zmc.Tpo -c -o zmc.o zmc.cpp
No arquivo incluído de zm_stream.h:27,
de zm_event.h:36,
de zm_zone.h:27,
de zm_monitor.h:27,
de zmc.cpp:27:
zm_mpeg.h:31:28: erro: ffmpeg/swscale.h: Arquivo ou diretório inexistente
make[2]: ** [zmc.o] Erro 1
make[2]: Saindo do diretório `/home/will/ZoneMinder-1.23.3/src'
make[1]: ** [all-recursive] Erro 1
make[1]: Saindo do diretório `/home/will/ZoneMinder-1.23.3'
make: ** [all] Erro 2

Post by PeterHoward »

Assuming I've read that right, it looks like the build can't find the ffmpeg headers - have you got ffmpeg installed?

PJH
timcraig

Post by timcraig »

I had a simular problem that you had williamberg.

Zoneminder's make file was expecting .h files in /usr/local/include/fmpeg. My ffmpeg install didn't create a ffmpeg folder under /usr/local/include, instead it created folders like libavdevice, liavutil, libswscale, libavcodec and libvformat. I think there might have been recent changes to ffmpeg and now they are out of sync with Zoneminder's make file.

Checking out the SVN revision of that Zoneminder 1.23.3 was built with would probably fix the problem but I didn't know the corret revision. Instead I did the following:

sudo mkdir /usr/local/include/ffmpeg
sudo ln -s /usr/local/include/libavformat/avformat.h /usr/local/include/ffmpeg/avformat.h
sudo ln -s /usr/local/include/libavformat/avio.h /usr/local/include/ffmpeg/avio.h
sudo ln -s /usr/local/include/libavformat/rtspcodes.h /usr/local/include/ffmpeg/rtspcodes.h
sudo ln -s /usr/local/include/libavformat/rtsp.h /usr/local/include/ffmpeg/rtsp.h
sudo ln -s /usr/local/include/libswscale/swscale.h /usr/local/include/ffmpeg/swscale.h
Zoneminder then complied without anymore errors.
williamberg

Post by williamberg »

yes my ffmpeg is installed without errors.
im make yours lines and dont work, change for this :

sudo ln -s /home/williamberg/ffmpeg/libavformat/avformat.h /usr/local/include/ffmpeg/avformat.h
sudo ln -s /home/williamberg/ffmpeg/libavformat/avio.h /usr/local/include/ffmpeg/avio.h
sudo ln -s /home/williamberg/ffmpeg/libavformat/rtspcodes.h /usr/local/include/ffmpeg/rtspcodes.h
sudo ln -s /home/williamberg/ffmpeg/libavformat/rtsp.h /usr/local/include/ffmpeg/rtsp.h
sudo ln -s /home/williamberg/ffmpeg/libswscale/swscale.h /usr/local/include/ffmpeg/swscale.h

pass the make now but im got this error :

williamberg@ubuntu:~$ sudo /etc/init.d/zm restart
$Stopping ZoneMinder: Zoneminder already stopped

Starting ZoneMinder: /usr/local/bin/zmfix: error while loading shared libraries: libswscale.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
/usr/local/bin/zmfix: error while loading shared libraries: libswscale.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
failure

Post by timcraig »

I might be you missed a required flag when you installed ffmpeg. When you start the ffmpeg installation with ./configure you need the following flags:

--enable-shared --enable-postproc --enable-swscale --enable-gpl
You can check you your ffmpeg flags by typing

ffmpeg -version
williamberg

Post by williamberg »

im do this to install ffmpeg:

svn checkout svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/ffmpeg/trunk ffmpeg
cd ffmpeg
. ./configure --enable-shared --enable-postproc --enable-swscale --enable-gpl --prefix=/opt/
make
sudo make install
williamberg

Post by williamberg »

and my version is:

williamberg@ubuntu:~$ ffmpeg -version
FFmpeg version SVN-rUNKNOWN, Copyright (c) 2000-2007 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
configuration: --enable-gpl --enable-pp --enable-swscaler --enable-pthreads --enable-libvorbis --enable-libtheora --enable-libogg --enable-libgsm --enable-dc1394 --disable-debug --enable-shared --prefix=/usr
libavutil version: 1d.49.3.0
libavcodec version: 1d.51.38.0
libavformat version: 1d.51.10.0
built on Mar 12 2008 14:31:53, gcc: 4.2.3 (Ubuntu 4.2.3-2ubuntu4)
ffmpeg SVN-rUNKNOWN
libavutil 3212032
libavcodec 3352064
libavformat 3344896
williamberg@ubuntu:~$
timcraig

Post by timcraig »

Oh I see, you did a -prefix=/opt/

When you called ./configure with the Zoneminder src did you have the option --with-ffmpeg=/opt/? If you didn't that the build won't work.

If your did have the --with-ffmpeg=/opt/ option set, then look in the opt directory for the ffmpeg files. There should be a 'lib' directory that has the .so files zoneminder is looking for. There should be a 'bin' directory with the ffmpeg executable. There should also be an include directory. Your include directory will either have a ffmpeg directory or a libavformat and libswscale directory. If it's a ffmpeg directory under /opt/incudle, then you should be okay. Has libavformate and libswscale instead then do the following:

sudo mkdir /opt/include/ffmpeg
sudo ln -s /opt/include/libavformat/avformat.h /opt/include/ffmpeg/avformat.h
sudo ln -s /opt/include/libavformat/avio.h /opt/include/ffmpeg/avio.h
sudo ln -s /opt/include/libavformat/rtspcodes.h /opt/include/ffmpeg/rtspcodes.h
sudo ln -s /opt/include/libavformat/rtsp.h /opt/include/ffmpeg/rtsp.h
sudo ln -s /opt/include/libswscale/swscale.h /opt/include/ffmpeg/swscale.h 
williamberg

Post by williamberg »

im try this and nothing, same error! thanks for try, im go re-install linux (8 times yet) and try again, can u indicate a distribution more easy :wink: ?
PeterHoward

Post by PeterHoward »

williamberg wrote:
williamberg@ubuntu:~$ sudo /etc/init.d/zm restart
$Stopping ZoneMinder: Zoneminder already stopped

Starting ZoneMinder: /usr/local/bin/zmfix: error while loading shared libraries: libswscale.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
/usr/local/bin/zmfix: error while loading shared libraries: libswscale.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
failure
I'm guessing that libwscale.so.0 is sitting in a directory something like /opt/lib . That's not on the default library path, which is why the system can't find them. Try the following and see what happens:

sudo bash
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH={path to dir where libswscale.so.0 is}
/etc/init.d/zm start
PJH
williamberg

Post by williamberg »

my libswscale.so.0 is in /opt/lib, can i make a command?

sintaxe is "export LD_LIBRARY_PATH= /opt/lib" ? if yes dont work :(
PeterHoward

Post by PeterHoward »

williamberg wrote:my libswscale.so.0 is in /opt/lib, can i make a command?

sintaxe is "export LD_LIBRARY_PATH= /opt/lib" ? if yes dont work :(
Hmmmm. That should work. Do you know what shell you're using?

Just to check, can you do exactly what I put in the last post from the command line - with /opt/bin in it would become:

sudo bash
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/lib
/etc/init.d/zm start
The first line makes you root and ensures that the shell you're running is bash, so the export line should work.

PJH