Ubuntu 7.04 Falling over after x days running Zoneminder

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
andrew

Ubuntu 7.04 Falling over after x days running Zoneminder

Post by andrew »

I have a small problem that after several days of using ZM on my Ubuntu box it falls over, now I dont know if it is a Ubuntu issue or ZM, I get an error on the main page it starts :-
warning session-start [function session start] open(var/lib/php5/session_bxxxxxxxxxxx, O_RDWR) Failed Read onnly file system(30) in usr/share/zoneminder/zmphp on line 177
But the rest of the pc is locked and no programs will start, I reset the pc and it does a fsck and shows up lots of links to image files of ZM which donot exist and inode issues.
Can any advise me if it is a Ubuntu issue or ZM I am using Peter .deb install.
Many thanks
cordel

Post by cordel »

This sounds more like a failing hard drive to me but I could be wrong.
MJN

Post by MJN »

Take a look in /var/log/messages for indications why the filesystem is being mounted as read only. This is a mechanism of preventing further data loss on a live system when things start going horribly wrong and, as Cordel says, could well be a sign that the drive is failing.

Mathew
Lee Sharp

Post by Lee Sharp »

That is exactly how every Ubuntu machine with a failing hard drive looks to me. It will get worse.
andrew

Post by andrew »

Thank you for your replies,
I have the box back at the creator! and it certainly has hard drive issues. So I will be putting a much bigger HD this time as 250GB wasn't big enough.

Thank you...