Changing monitor's function by time

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
adahary

Changing monitor's function by time

Post by adahary »

Hi,

I have several IP cameras which I need to manage in different profiles. I would like to change the monitor function (monitor->modec->record...etc) of each camera based on time and some other rulles.
In the forum it is suggested to set the Run-State but this will restart all cameras per each monitor change; and not just the desired one.

My basic question is:
is it possible to control each monitor function seperatly?

Regards
Laevi

Post by Laevi »

You can if you approach then through the database with a simple script.
adahary

Post by adahary »

Laevi,

Can u please be more specific?
is it enougth to just change the monitor function table/column? how the change will take place? do I still need to restart ZM with all monitors?

Thanx
Laevi

Post by Laevi »

when you use an update query on the monitor table function column it should change without having to restart ZM. I can't test this atm because i'm building a new application from scratch with zoneminder but you can try it i guess.
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

You can individually restart monitors with zmdc.pl. So you can change the function in the DB and then do something like

Code: Select all

zmdc.pl restart zma -m 1
You will only need to restart zma provided you are not going from a monitor being completely off to some other mode, in which case you should restart zmc first. Just changing from record to modect etc is fine and only needs zma.
Phil
adahary

Post by adahary »

Thanx to both of u. :D
Changing function in DB + monitor restart command = switching specific monitor function

Regards