No space on drive

Current Development version likely to have breaking changes
traderric

No space on drive

Post by traderric »

Ubuntu 18.04 ZM 1.37.1

MySQL 5.7.35 isn't running. No space left on primary hard drive. This server is dedicated to only ZM and I added a 15 TB secondary drive for ZM storage (yes I changed settings in options). My primary drive is 3 TB so I don't understand why it is full. Hunting for the full directory so I can delete files on CLI is very tedious.

Can you tell me where I can delete files to get everything running?

Is there a fix for what caused this? Is there more info I can gather to help you help me?

I would be most thankful if someone can help me. Thank you.
Magic919

Re: No space on drive

Post by Magic919 »

You must be able to delete some logs to get some elbow room. Then use NCDU to see where the busy parts of the filesystem are.
-
traderric

Re: No space on drive

Post by traderric »

Thank you for your response. I did what you recommended and it worked.

When NCDU was running, I was able to identify the directory where images were going. When I changed the storage location it didn't actually change where images were stored. But of course, pruning was changed to the new storage location, and it stopped pruning the original (former) location and my drive filled up.

From there it was easy correcting the issue. I changed owner and group on the new drive/symlink to www-data and all is good now. Thank you again.