Hello - running v1.37 and working OK

Current Development version likely to have breaking changes
tailhappy

Hello - running v1.37 and working OK

Post by tailhappy »

Hello ZM forum, for my first post, I wanted to relay my initial surprising success in running a ZM instance using:

Html server: Apache 2.4.46 (no luck configuring Lighttpd)
DB server: mySQL/MariaDB v10.3.29
language: PHP 8.0

Really satisfied with the minor improvement in ZM during the past 8 years when I last tinkered with it. Thanks ZM team! Despite the excessive zeal of the telemetry data collection efforts, I'm hoping to upgrade my computer to Ryzen and cameras to IP based POE soon.

Presumably the previous versions have also had the bug that prevents changing the camera settings (e.g. brightness, contrast, etc) via the popup window. The camera responds instantly to changing command line settings using v4l2 though, so the bug is incidental.

Cheers!

ps.: the 'zmc_dvideo0.log' log-file seems rather bloated, so I may have to find a way to disable it.
iconnor

Re: Hello - running v1.37 and working OK

Post by iconnor »

Excessive zeal? Care to expand on what you mean?

Setting brightness etc SHOULD work from the popup...
bkjaya1952

Post by bkjaya1952 »

iconnor wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 10:58 pm Excessive zeal? Care to expand on what you mean?

Setting brightness etc SHOULD work from the popup...
Zoneminder-master, latest ,version 1.37.0~20210528130718-focal

The Setting brightness is still not working
dragonflyoh

Post by dragonflyoh »

How did you install ZM v1.37? I have tried two installs on my computer and also tried one on my best friends computer and I had nothing but frustration. I used the instructions on tutorialforlinux.com/ and the Conner site.
I had several different errors and lost the text file I started to track the responses to the errors. Something a bout a reboot and answering save the file question incorrectly.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Jim
dougmccrary

Post by dougmccrary »

1.37 is a dev version, and is presently pretty broken.
Try 1.36.12 release. That should work for you. All odd numbered versions are development. Stick with even releases.