Pass zone information from substream to mainstream

Discussions related to the 1.36.x series of ZoneMinder
kquinnell

Pass zone information from substream to mainstream

Post by kquinnell »

I am new to ZoneMinder but I am really liking how it works. I have run into an issue I'm not sure how to solve. It may be my ignorance of ZoneMinder but wanted to ask. Currently I have a single camera with two streams, substream and mainstream. The substream is set to Mocord and triggers the mainstream, which is set to Nodect, to record motion events. The substream has 2 defined zones. I would like to be able to filter the mainstream event recordings by the zone that triggered the recording. I can see in the substream Notes section the zone is recorded but nothing in the mainstream. Is there any mechanism available to pass the zone information from the substream to the mainstream event ?

If not, is there a different configuration I could use to accomplish this? I assume I could get the affect I want by creating two different substreams with one zone each and tied to two separate mainstreams but I would think that would be 4 rtsp streams as opposed to 2 that I have now increasing the bandwidth used.

Thank you for any guidance you can offer.

Kyle
iconnor

Re: Pass zone information from substream to mainstream

Post by iconnor »

Not at this time. It is on my radar though.

Development is slow though due to lack of funding.
kquinnell

Re: Pass zone information from substream to mainstream

Post by kquinnell »

Ok, thank you for your reply.