Use zmtrigger together with modect

Discussions related to the 1.36.x series of ZoneMinder
mdexter

Use zmtrigger together with modect

Post by mdexter »

Hi,
I like to combine a PIR sensor together with motion detection to get very good results for avoiding miss alarms. It should be a "logical" and combination, so alarm should be generated only if motion is detected via zoomender zone concept and PIR shot a trigger. I thought the "enable" function could help, but I couldn't mange it.
I set my monitor to modect, but disable "analysis". In the trigger I send "1|enable 30|111|TEST|PIR_Trigger|" but I could not archive the expected behaviour, but may be I misunderstood.
I use Zoneminder release v1.36.12 on a AMD APU but also v1.37.6 on Jetson Nano, both did not work as expected.
What do I want to achieve:
Since the environment has issues with changing weather conditions, pure motion detection result into many false detections. But also PIR will give false alarms since the area is larger than the view of the camera and also small animals or other events can influence the PIR.
I already have a 1.29 release up and running, but using different approach:
- us zmtrigger in NoDect mode to create my events
- use a filter every 5 minutes to hand over the events of the last 5 minutes to a small script.
- the script will trigger a check via opencv to verify if a namable change in the pixels occurred. If yes, I use API calls to change event details, like score etc. If no, or only small pixel changes occurred, I delete the event.
The system works well, but I like to use the Zonemider's zone concept for motion detection to get the full advantage. In my easy opencv implementation I only have a rough threshold, not very good to manage.
For sure a solution could be to combine zmtrigger and motion detection and keep only events containing both via filtering, but this would increase CPU usage a lot.
Thanks + regards,