Bullseye Backports zmupdate.pl

Discussions related to the 1.36.x series of ZoneMinder
Acewiza

Bullseye Backports zmupdate.pl

Post by Acewiza »

After numerous unsatisfying experiences with various versions of Zoneminder™, I decided build a Bullseye box and try to roll in backports .11, but ran into this:

Code: Select all

root@ryzen:~# /usr/bin/zmupdate.pl
DBI connect('database=zm;host=localhost','zmuser',...) failed: Access denied for user 'zmuser'@'localhost' (using password: YES) at /usr/share/perl5/ZoneMinder/Database.pm line 110.
DBI connect('database=zm;host=localhost','zmuser',...) failed: Access denied for user 'zmuser'@'localhost' (using password: YES) at /usr/share/perl5/ZoneMinder/Database.pm line 110.
12/14/2021 08:24:41.498015 zmupdate[54170].ERR [ZoneMinder::Database:114] [Error reconnecting to db: errstr:Access denied for user 'zmuser'@'localhost' (using password: YES) error val:]
12/14/2021 08:24:41.498241 zmupdate[54170].ERR [ZoneMinder::Database:114] [Error reconnecting to db: errstr:Access denied for user 'zmuser'@'localhost' (using password: YES) error val:]
12/14/2021 08:24:41.498709 zmupdate[54170].ERR [ZoneMinder::Database:114] [Error reconnecting to db: errstr:Access denied for user 'zmuser'@'localhost' (using password: YES) error val:]
Unable to connect to DB. ZM Cannot continue.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/perl5/ZoneMinder/Config.pm line 150.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/bin/zmupdate.pl line 74.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/bin/zmupdate.pl line 74.
root@ryzen:~# mysql -u zmuser -p
Enter password: 
Welcome to the MariaDB monitor.  Commands end with ; or \g.
Your MariaDB connection id is 884
Server version: 10.5.12-MariaDB-0+deb11u1 Debian 11

Copyright (c) 2000, 2018, Oracle, MariaDB Corporation Ab and others.

Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the current input statement.

MariaDB [(none)]> use zm
Reading table information for completion of table and column names
You can turn off this feature to get a quicker startup with -A

Database changed
MariaDB [zm]> Ctrl-C -- exit!
Aborted
Found a clue here: viewtopic.php?f=40&t=30591&p=124716&hil ... er#p124716

...and edited that database.php file with localhost, zmuser, zm - no joy.

...found this: https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Debian_11_B ... der_1.36.x which talks about creating a 1.34 database. Not very useful for somebody trying to stay on the bow wave of this thing, Don't really care if it works for me or not, probably not, based on what I've seen so far this morning.

I can create the database, and access it with the specified user from the console. But I'm not a Perl programmer, and this perl script obviously does not agree.