Multi-storage issues and DB inconsistency

Discussions related to the 1.36.x series of ZoneMinder
bodom

Multi-storage issues and DB inconsistency

Post by bodom »

Hi there,

I have been using ZM for a while and it runs nicely. Recently, i have added a second Storage and set a filter "Move Archived to Extra" to move archived events there (when archive status equal to archived only and storage area not equal to Extra then Move all matches to Extra).

Unfortunately, there seems to be an issue in ZM when moving videos between archives: a trigger is started to recalculate storage space for each event and it seems somehow to go in loop and saturate MySQL. I had to restart ZM/MySQL several times and now i've ended up in the situation where some of the archived events cannot be played anymore because the video files have been moved to the Extra storage but the corresponding DB record has not been updated.

How can i solve this?
iconnor

Re: Multi-storage issues and DB inconsistency

Post by iconnor »

Running zmaudit.pl should update the db record for the confused events.

Which version of ZM are you running? I fixed some locking problems in 1.36.10 that may correct the issue for you.
Best to run 1.36.11 though because I also broke moving events in 1.36.10.
bodom

Post by bodom »

I am running 1.36.11.

Looks like zmaudit was stuck on the log file, but now that i try to run it (with -r), it would just delete my events, while i would keep them instead.
bodom

Post by bodom »

Nevermind. I misinterpret the log: zmaudit did in fact sove the issue, thank you.

Now i have disabled the "move archived to different storage" filter. Is there a way to have it run once every night?