How to receive and process two video streams from different DVRs in the ZoneMinder?

Discussions related to the 1.36.x series of ZoneMinder
Yashalta

How to receive and process two video streams from different DVRs in the ZoneMinder?

Post by Yashalta »

I have two video streams from different DVRs. Is it possible to receive and process these streams in the ZoneMinder?
bbunge

Re: How to receive and process two video streams from different DVRs in the ZoneMinder?

Post by bbunge »

You should be able to do that if you can view the streams in a web browser or VLC.
Yashalta

Re: How to receive and process two video streams from different DVRs in the ZoneMinder?

Post by Yashalta »

bbunge wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:27 pm You should be able to do that if you can view the streams in a web browser or VLC.
You will be able to view a stream in the browser or in the VLC player it's when the flow from the IP camera. But I have the stream from the DVR ... And I would like to process it in ZoneMinder. Is it posible in ZoneMinder?
dougmccrary

Post by dougmccrary »

As far as I know, ZM doesn't care where a stream comes from, so long as it's in a format it understands.
So give it a shot - should be fine unless it's encrypted.