Huge previews

Discussions related to the 1.36.x series of ZoneMinder
maddios

Huge previews

Post by maddios »

I just upgraded my 1.34 to 1.36.10. And so far I think everything has gone smoothly but I'm stuck trying to figure out why my previews are so gigantic.

Before upgrade when hovering over the event still it would just play back same size but now it blows up huge and cuts off most of the image to the right of the frame it's displayed in, same thing happens to the camera previews.

I'm assuming this is some setting that didn't get set during upgrade. Can you guys point me in the right direction?

Thanks.
Magic919

Re: Huge previews

Post by Magic919 »

Have a look under Web in Settings.
-
maddios

Post by maddios »

I actually went through the php and css and found there was some hardcoded zoom code that was multiplying all the sizes by 5.

stuff like this:
transform: scale(5); /* (arbitray zoom value - Note if the zoom is too large, it will go outside of the viewport) */
and
$scale = intval(5*100*ZM_WEB_LIST_THUMB_WIDTH / $event->Width());

This probably should be an option and not just hardcoded in, since in my env it was causing problems
Magic919

Post by Magic919 »

Given that WEB_LIST_THUMB_WIDTH is something you can set, can you not just change that?
-
maddios

Post by maddios »

Not really, that variable controls the default size before hover, once you hover there was a hardcoded *5 multiplication of the dimension, i've since removed it locally and it's been good.
maddios

Post by maddios »

I'm guessing the intention here was to have the WEB_LIST_THUMB_WIDTH set to something like 64, so then the end result is 320 (which is what i have it set to) but at 64, the thumbs are too tiny to see anything.
dougmccrary

Post by dougmccrary »

I'm guessing the intention here was to have the WEB_LIST_THUMB_WIDTH set to something like 64, so then the end result is 320 (which is what i have it set to) but at 64, the thumbs are too tiny to see anything.
I think you're right.
I use them more to see the cam is running, and hover for detail. (I set 48).
Given your case, maybe there should be a switch or selection for the magnification 1 to 5, say.
I bet if you send money, that'll happen. But I guess you don't care, now. :)