"The video could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported"

Discussions related to the 1.36.x series of ZoneMinder
Stephen304

"The video could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported"

Post by Stephen304 »

After upgrading to 1.36.7 I get this error when trying to view old recordings. Oddly enough it seems fine if I download the file to play. It seems there are no errors in the log, but maybe this is related to this older thread?

viewtopic.php?t=27287

Also, if I manually select codec MJPEG in the top right it plays, but the bottom half of the video is really glichy unlike when I download the file

There doesn't seem to be any resolution from that thread other than waiting for an update. Does anyone else have this same issue or know anything about the cause?

Also if I try to use the same URL that the web player uses (http://zoneminder/index.php?mode=mpeg&f ... view_video)
I get this

scarygary

Re: "The video could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported"

Post by scarygary »

Same here. Oddly enough older events are playable.
iconnor

Re: "The video could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported"

Post by iconnor »

It is encoding to h265. Choose h264 under Monitor->Storage.
Stephen304

Post by Stephen304 »

Thanks that fixed it. I guess the "auto" setting changed to h265 in recent versions
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

Yeah it did. In 1.34 we used the mp4v2 library which only support h264 and was deprecated. Now we just use ffmpeg libraries which support just about every format out there. I probably should NOT have added auto though. h265 support just doesn't exist in the browser.

Hopefully soon we can decode it in javascript.