Zoneminder's homepage not rendering properly.

Discussions related to the 1.36.x series of ZoneMinder
orsty3001

Zoneminder's homepage not rendering properly.

Post by orsty3001 »

Zoneminder upgraded recently and today it won't open properly. The homepage isn't loading everything. It's version 1.36.7 running on Debian Buster. The server itself is not running and I cannot find any logs that say anything about what is going on. No errors anywhere. I've tried reinstalling it as well. Same issue. The webserver (apache) is running another webpage that is WordPress. That page is working right. Any help would be appreciated.
Attachments
Screenshot at 2021-09-18 01-58-14.png
Screenshot at 2021-09-18 01-58-14.png (80.35 KiB) Viewed 6085 times
rockedge

Re: Zoneminder's homepage not rendering properly.

Post by rockedge »

I think the symlink to /var/cache/zoneminder/cache in /usr/share/zoneminder/www is missing.

Check if the alias is configured OR there is an actual symlink
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

orsty3001 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:03 am Zoneminder upgraded recently and today it won't open properly. The homepage isn't loading everything. It's version 1.36.7 running on Debian Buster. The server itself is not running and I cannot find any logs that say anything about what is going on. No errors anywhere. I've tried reinstalling it as well. Same issue. The webserver (apache) is running another webpage that is WordPress. That page is working right. Any help would be appreciated.
Current install instructions: https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Debian_10_B ... om_ZM_Repo

I have included some config changes for Mariadb/MySQL. If you are having problems restarting the database server remove the changes.
orsty3001

Post by orsty3001 »

I uninstalled the newer version that it was upgraded to and went back to the older version that was running on this box. Works fine now for anyone that has this same issue.
sprettster

Post by sprettster »

I had this same problem after an Ubuntu upgrade. I found that while the zoneminder.conf file was present in /etc/apache2/conf-available, the symlink to it was missing in /etc/apache2/conf-enabled. After I created the symlink the page rendered normally.