Alarm on Second Zone and zmMemRead( $monitor, "shared_data:alarm_cause")

Discussions related to the 1.36.x series of ZoneMinder
Egon

Alarm on Second Zone and zmMemRead( $monitor, "shared_data:alarm_cause")

Post by Egon »

Hello,

Тwo or more zones defined for one Monitor. Is it possible to raise alarm only on second zone, if we have movement through zone A to zone B?

I can't catch when the

Code: Select all

alarm_cause 
in

zmMemRead( $monitor, "shared_data:alarm_cause")
goes from "A" to "A, B". Or it is never happens and

alarm_cause
is always A?

Perhaps somebody has script or example to share?

Thank you
Egon

Re: Alarm on Second Zone and zmMemRead( $monitor, "shared_data:alarm_cause")

Post by Egon »

No one?
Andyrh

Post by Andyrh »

I think you will find your answer here:
https://zoneminder.readthedocs.io/en/st ... ezone.html

Inclusive and Exclusive might be helpful. I have not seen any questions like yours before.
Andy
o||||o

Ubuntu 22.04
ZM 1.36.33
E5-1650-v4 Xeon
16 GB RAM
6 cameras -> 54 FPS modect
Egon

Post by Egon »

Andyrh wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:07 pm I think you will find your answer here:
https://zoneminder.readthedocs.io/en/st ... ezone.html

Inclusive and Exclusive might be helpful. I have not seen any questions like yours before.
Thank you, but it is not the problem how to define zone. Its more like..

Two zones can put Monitor in alarm, but only one zone should rise event. One zone is the public way, (an)other(s) near door. if some pass the way, you record as Modect, but if the door zone crossed, we rise event.

only if some is in "green" we rise event, but record on all zones:

Attachments
6rc5JAe.png
6rc5JAe.png (691.51 KiB) Viewed 2320 times
tsp84

Post by tsp84 »

Couldn't you just use mocord on this to record everything create a single ACTIVE zone that is the GREEN area you have specified and then have it linked to a substream of this same camera (or a clone of this monitor that is set to Nodect and linked to this monitor). From what I have seen that should create events in the linked monitor whenever the main monitor detects motion in that zone like you want and record everything anyways in the main monitor?

So the logic would be take this current monitor lets call it CURR for this example and clone it, let's call the new cloned monitor NORTH FLOOR or NF for short for this example.

NF will be the clone of this current monitor and it will be set to function Nodect, and no zones setup. You can play around with the buffers to get your desired clips. Set its Linked Monitors as CURR.

CURR will be Mocord and have the 1 zone (set as "ACTIVE" and tuned) you have specified in the color GREEN. CURR will still generate events but they will be the default length long (10 mins default I think) as it is constantly recording anyways.

When CURR sets an ALARM off from motion in the GREEN zone it sends a trigger to the NF monitor which kicks off an ALARM/EVENT for that monitor which follows all its buffer rules, storage scheme and such. I think this is also a new event created from this monitor (can't remember) but this should do what I think you are asking.
Egon

Post by Egon »

Good idea. I will try, thank you! :)