Can't view events

Discussions related to the 1.36.x series of ZoneMinder
stevewrightnz1

Can't view events

Post by stevewrightnz1 »

Hi guy's

I am having trouble viewing events in my browser, Brave, Edge and Firefox . Ubuntu 20.04, Zoneminder 1.36.5

All I'm getting is a black box in the viewing screen with the progress bar running as expected across the bottom. There seems to be nowhere to check the file paths in the current version so looking at /etc/zm/conf.d/01-system-paths.conf it suggests the zms streaming server is here:-
# ZoneMinder url path to the zms streaming server
ZM_PATH_ZMS=/zm/cgi-bin/nph-zms

Searching for nph-zms using sudo find / -name "nph-zms" gives /usr/lib/zoneminder/cgi-bin/nph-zms

So... following the instructions in 01-system-paths.conf about creating a new file in /etc/zm/conf.d I created a file called 03-zm-path.conf and added:
ZM_PATH_ZMS=/usr/lib/zoneminder/cgi-bin/nph-zms

restarted zoneminder using sudo systemctl restart zoneminder

result: seems to be no change other than the preview picture on the console screen disappearing. Deleted 03-zm-path.conf and restarted again and back to square one

grep -r cgi-bin /etc/apache2 gives
/etc/apache2/conf-available/zoneminder.conf:ScriptAlias /zm/cgi-bin "/usr/lib/zoneminder/cgi-bin"
amongst other results so I'm guessing that that might be OK??

I'm guessing that there is something going on with zm not being able to find then steaming service but I'm a a loss as to how to fix it. Anyone know what might be going on?

Note: all cameras stream OK through my webserver.

SteveW

EDIT: looks like it might be a bit random as some events seem to play back OK?