No end times for recorded events - WILL PAY MONEY TO FIX THIS

Discussions related to the 1.36.x series of ZoneMinder
SteveGilvarry

Re: No end times for recorded events - WILL PAY MONEY TO FIX THIS

Post by SteveGilvarry »

Ic0n I can confirm that the events are being left with no end time and can reproduce. Just changing a Monitor from Record to Monitor when in the middle of an event will leave that current event without an end time. The nature of what Corvus was doing from Home Assistant was to stop and start the monitor as an event trigger. But the HA add-on doesn't have anything to trigger alarms so the only want to do was changing the monitor from to Record and back.
Suggested ZMES and MLAPI as an alternative to Frigate + HA as OP is very keen on doing object detection.
Production Zoneminder 1.37.x (Living dangerously)
Random Selection of Cameras (Dahua and Hikvision)
Corvus85

Re: No end times for recorded events - WILL PAY MONEY TO FIX THIS

Post by Corvus85 »

SteveGilvarry wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:34 pm Ic0n I can confirm that the events are being left with no end time and can reproduce. Just changing a Monitor from Record to Monitor when in the middle of an event will leave that current event without an end time. The nature of what Corvus was doing from Home Assistant was to stop and start the monitor as an event trigger. But the HA add-on doesn't have anything to trigger alarms so the only want to do was changing the monitor from to Record and back.
Suggested ZMES and MLAPI as an alternative to Frigate + HA as OP is very keen on doing object detection.
Thanks to Steve, it looks like we've narrowed down the problem.

I'll be playing around with ZMES to get the functionality I'm looking for. If anyone here has had any experience with it, please give me some tips, or direct me to somewhere I can learn more about installing/using it.