functions.php line 1902

Discussions related to the 1.36.x series of ZoneMinder
sergmx

functions.php line 1902

Post by sergmx »

Use zoneminder 1.36.4 (from rpm-fusion-free) and CentOS 7.9+updates

I use from firefox main page - no error in logs.
After open montage view :
---
06/29/21 09:56:39.735181 web_php[3852].ERR [192.168.12.128] [Socket /var/lib/zoneminder/sock/zms-333461s.sock does not exist. This
file is created by zms, and since it does not exist, either zms did not run, or zms exited early. Please check your zms logs and en
sure that CGI is enabled in apache and check that the PATH_ZMS is set correctly. Make sure that ZM is actually recording. If you a
re trying to view a live stream and the capture process (zmc) is not running then zms will exit. Please go to http://zoneminder.read
thedocs.io/en/latest/faq.html#why-can-t-i-see-streamed-images-when-i-can-see-stills-in-the-zone-window-etc for more information.] at
/usr/share/zoneminder/www/includes/functions.php line 1902
---
I read this page, checked all the paths. Everything seems to be fine, I don't see an error anywhere...
dougmccrary

Re: functions.php line 1902

Post by dougmccrary »

Same on ubuntu 18.04 and 20.04 and before as far back as I can remember. The file actually isn't there, but the lock is, so it doesn't seem to be an *actual* problem, except for setting off the log alarm.
ergamus

Post by ergamus »

I've also been getting this since I first started using ZM during the 1.34 times. Like Doug mentioned, no problems with capture apart from a log message.
sergmx

Post by sergmx »

Yes, I understand.
But as I understand it has nothing to do with capturing, but it is with displaying, and it is when they look at the view - MONTAGE.
Red indicator at the top of the error in the log, distracting :(
dougmccrary

Post by dougmccrary »

Right. So maybe this bit
" Make sure that ZM is actually recording."
is/was irrelevant? Or just one of several possible causes. And still, I don't see problems with the montage even as the error is happening, so what does it really mean?
ergamus

Post by ergamus »

It triggers because you leave the montage window / monitor or close the tab, the sock file is cleaned up but another thread is still trying to send/communicate over it.

Open up montage three times in separate tabs, close them and look at your log. The above error message appears like clockwork.
dougmccrary

Post by dougmccrary »

Three buckled my system, but yeah.
Makes sense.
Thanks.

I hope there's a plan to put a detector for this that would just say zms exited early and suppress the rest.
Or maybe just kill the other thread(s).
alabamatoy

Post by alabamatoy »

Are yall who are using montage running multiport? I am unable to get montage to work on either of my 2 ZM servers. Selecting montage just locks the browser, confirmed on both Chrome and FF. I can open all the monitors in separate livestream views, but montage kills the browser.

How are you able to use montage if not multiport?
swolsen

Post by swolsen »

I had a similar problem when using High bandwidth. I set it to medium and was fine.
dougmccrary

Post by dougmccrary »

It's partly dependent on how many cams - I've not seen it "lock up" a browser though.
If you have more than 4-6 cams, you must use multiport, last I checked.
I can see where high bandwidth might cause trouble, too, but just multiport seems to work for me unless the (viewing) machine is maxed out with something else. That's with 14 cams mostly at 640x360 and around 10fps.
apber

Post by apber »

Same problem with zm 1.36.5 on Ubuntu 20.04. Error has been appearing since the beginning of the installation fresh on this machine. I suspect it's a false error too because I have no issues viewing or recording with any of my 3 cameras. As others, I use high bandwidth mode and almost always am on the Montage tab.
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

There is a Firefox fix for Montage view:

Enter about:config in the address bar

scroll down to
browser.cache.check_doc_frequency 3
change the 3 to a 1

browser.cache.disk.enable True -> False
network.http.max-connections-per-server -> put a value of 100
network.http.max-persistent-connections-per-proxy -> 100 again
network.http.max-persistent-connections-per-server -> 100 again

Some of these settings may not be present in recent Firefox versions. And I have heard that the "about:config" settings changer is going away...