Zoneminder 1.37.0 Can't connect to cameras

Discussions related to the 1.36.x series of ZoneMinder
vmsman

Zoneminder 1.37.0 Can't connect to cameras

Post by vmsman »

I have eleven cameras. All of them work via RTSP to Shinobi and they all work with VLC. I just built a brand new Zoneminder 1.37.0 server. It installed perfectly with no errors. I tried to manually add my cameras with the RTSP URLs and they never connected. I then used ONVIF in the add camera option and it sees all my cameras. I added four different cameras this way and none of them worked. I have Reolink RLC-420 and RLC-520, an Amcrest camera and a GW-Gateway camera. All of these work in other programs. I am impressed by the user interface and the granularity of settable options. For right now, I am just trying the type monitor to view cameras and the dashboard just says Not Running and the source IP number is red. Is this program brand new or is this a preview for the user interface? I guess I am curious if it can actually connect to a camera or if that is a future? The documentation reads as though it is a working program and that it can do motion detection and record. At this point, I just want to see if it can view. Any ideas?
dougmccrary

Re: Zoneminder 1.37.0 Can't connect to cameras

Post by dougmccrary »

1.37 is the dev version.
You're posting in 1.36, it's (more) stable than 1.37. Revert.