Brand New Install 1.37

Discussions related to the 1.36.x series of ZoneMinder
vmsman

Brand New Install 1.37

Post by vmsman »

I did a brand new install of Zoneminder 1.37. The installation is working just fine and I tried to define my first "monitor". I am a current Shinobi and also QNAP QVR Pro user. Defining cameras (monitors) on these products is straight forward. After reading getting started guide and the guide defining monitors, I defined my first. The problem is that all my cameras have usernames and passwords and I don't want to just tuck them into the exposed URL so they show up in the dashboard.

The question is, where in the GUI for the monitors is the spot to define the camera username and password?

All my cameras are RTSP.
parky

Re: Brand New Install 1.37

Post by parky »

Welcome and good to see you dipping your toes in the ZM pond

Firstly are you aware you are on the development version 1.36.4 is production at present. So you might want to rebuild before you get too far

As to usernames and passwords, they won't show in the main dashboard once committed only the IP. Well they will if you go into the config again
The way to protect your config is as it says in the Docs turn on Auth so you can restrict access, visibility and rights

Hope you enjoy the new world it's come a long way in the last 10 years I have used it