ZoneMinder Reolink E1 Pro camera issues

Discussions related to the 1.36.x series of ZoneMinder
lk777

ZoneMinder Reolink E1 Pro camera issues

Post by lk777 »

The quality of streaming video (Monitor) is terrible.
I have tested Reolink E1 Pro on Blue Iris (trial) and it works perfectly well.

Has anyone set this camera up on ZoneMinder successfully?
ergamus

Re: ZoneMinder Reolink E1 Pro camera issues

Post by ergamus »

Go to options - > Image and increase JPEG_STREAM_QUALITY. There might be a bug or some hidden mechanism in 1.36 that prevents the image quality from improving beyond a certain point. Usually I could use 70 and have a decent quality stream, now even with the quality set to 80-95, it looks worse.

I just set the quality for streams to match the alarm image quality, and it looks worse. The single event shot is miles less jagged than a single frame of the live camera view at 95 quality.
lk777

Post by lk777 »

I do not have other cameras to try, but tested Samsung Galaxy S9 with IP Webcam app and the quality of the video stream on ZoneMinder is fine.
VLC, PMPlayer, Blue Iris play E1 stream with no issues.
swolsen

Post by swolsen »

I bought a Reolink camera, had to return it. Just did not work very well on Zoneminder. Video became very distorted when analysing. I am using the GW Security 5077 6077 and 5037 cameras which work very well. I even had a Foscam RC2 that was fine too.
Jay_from_NuZiland

Post by Jay_from_NuZiland »

Hi @lk777 I've got two E1 Pro's, had lots of trouble getting them working until I got some help from the Dev here.
In the source for the camera, set to UDP and specify some extra settings for the Options:

Code: Select all

reorder_queue_size=1000,buffer_size=1179648
These settings are much bigger than iconnor recommended me use, but they work very well for me.
I've also tweaked the default video sizing and framerate slightly but that didn't really make any difference, just helped reduce storage size a bit.
See screenshot attached for where to put these settings.
Attachments
e1_pro.png
e1_pro.png (41.79 KiB) Viewed 6330 times
lk777

Post by lk777 »

@Jay_from_NuZiland,

Perfect! It works now. Thank you so much!

I like this camera though it is unfortunate that it doesn't support http and rtmp.
lk777

Post by lk777 »

I have found this https://www.reddit.com/r/reolinkcam/com ... inder_nvr/ on Reddit.
It helped me to set up the live view + motion detection/record.

Mocord - Reolink E1 Pro Sub stream (680x480) (for the live view and the motion event analyzing and triggering)

Nodect - Main stream (lower it to 1080P/25 fps),connected camera - Sub stream. (used for the live view and the motion/alarm events recording).

I do not use any Mocord recording (sub-stream clips), so I disabled 'Save JPEGs' and 'Video Writer', need this camera/sub only to analyze the motion and to trigger an alarm on Main stream camera, so the motion alarm events are recorded with the 1080P resolution. No issues with the recorded events quality whatsoever.

My ZM is installed in an Ubuntu LXD container which is limited in hardware use (not ready to use ZM on the host yet).
lk777

Post by lk777 »

Update:
I have found that in my case Modect is more suitable and more stable than Mocord for the Sub stream camera (the storage is disabled). The main stream camera is still connected to the sub.