Issues post upgrade from 1.34.x to 1.36.1

Discussions related to the 1.36.x series of ZoneMinder
Maximo1970

Issues post upgrade from 1.34.x to 1.36.1

Post by Maximo1970 »

I have recently upgraded my setup and come across number of issues. Prior to completing the upgrade my setup was rock solid. I have a multi server setup all running Centos 7 and on VMWare. Each VM has 8 vCPU's and 2Gb of RAM. All of my cameras are IP and streaming at 15fps, which is there maximum.

Live view is now very choppy and there is a lot of ghosting, this also appears in the recorded video when motion is recorded. I have adjusted the Image Buffer Size to 5, previously this was 3. But this hasn't had any affect. Additionally the stream capture goes blank onto a blue screen and then returns. Video pauses, both live and recorded, then it jumps a couple of seconds at a time.

I've also found this error in the logs.

Code: Select all

zmc_m1[14103].ERR-zm_packetqueue.cpp/135 [Unable to free up older packets.  Not queueing this video packet.]
When opening a live stream it takes about 5 seconds, maybe longer at times, before the video is displayed. Used to be almost instant in 1.34. Adding to this, the zmNinga app has become unusable as it's so slow to update.

I'm hopeful all these issues can be resolved and don't believe I have an unusual setup. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Garry
Maximo1970

Re: Issues post upgrade from 1.34.x to 1.36.1

Post by Maximo1970 »

I have now upgraded to 1.36.3 and things have become more usable. Still however have ghosting issues when using Camera Passthrough rather than selecting the encoding.