Events with zero frames

Discussions related to the 1.36.x series of ZoneMinder
yannlieb

Events with zero frames

Post by yannlieb »

Hi,

I have just updated from the 1.34.x to the 1.36.x line. (Ubuntu 20.04, ARM64).

I have some issues appearing in the event list :
2021-06-01_16-53-53.png
2021-06-01_16-53-53.png (204.02 KiB) Viewed 15553 times
In red boxes, events are with zero frames
In purple boxes, events show also zero frames, but there is definitely a recording saved.

Any idea where I should investigate more?
The only change I did since upgrading was to manually remove the Maximum Image Buffer Size (frames) into the camera config from 75 to 'empty', as mentioned in another thread.
iconnor

Re: Events with zero frames

Post by iconnor »

You have crashing going on.

Look at your logs.
yannlieb

Post by yannlieb »

I still have errors coming in the logs from events of yesterday. I will delete all my past events so that my past problems won't keep polluting the logs, and will analyse from a 'clean' event backlog.

A non-related issue, but I also realised that zmupdate.pl still retrieves version information from the 1.34.x line and not from the 1.36.x :
02/06/2021 10:02 zmupdate 72350 INF Got version: 1.34.26
02/06/2021 10:02 zmupdate 72350 INF Checking for updates
yannlieb

Post by yannlieb »

I still have some crashing - mostly due I assume to memory consumption.

In the meantime I would like to clear the records and event which are not relevant (ie recording less than 1Mb), however I haven't been able to figure out the format of the filter "event disk space'. Doesn't seem to be working with absolute values in bytes, or values in the same format as the events list (ie: <999.00Kb)
parky

Post by parky »

I cleared my zero events last week after I did a bit of reconfiguring of cameras and got a load of zeros. From the console view list all the events on the server and then just filter by frames and then you can select them by the page for deletion
yannlieb

Post by yannlieb »

The thing is that I would like to remove the ones with non-relevant recording, but keep the ones with a proper recording, even if in the event list they are shown with 0 frames.
Right now, I am filtering the events with 0 frames and removing the ones with no or small recording manually, but I would like to transform that into an automatic filter, thus the need of this variable.
dougmccrary

Post by dougmccrary »

yannlieb wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:45 am The thing is that I would like to remove the ones with non-relevant recording, but keep the ones with a proper recording, even if in the event list they are shown with 0 frames.
Right now, I am filtering the events with 0 frames and removing the ones with no or small recording manually, but I would like to transform that into an automatic filter, thus the need of this variable.
zero alarm frames?
Maybe post exactly what you want to delete, and a screen shot of what you have for the filter that doesn't seem to work?
yannlieb

Post by yannlieb »

dougmccrary wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:11 pm zero alarm frames?
Maybe post exactly what you want to delete, and a screen shot of what you have for the filter that doesn't seem to work?
If you look at my first post, I would like to remove the events boxed in red, because they don't show any frames, and don't have any proper recording. I want to keep the items in purple. They also don't have any frames, but they have a recorded associated
That is the reason I wanted to filter on the event disk space, but I'm open to any suggestion.
dougmccrary

Post by dougmccrary »

OK, I can't get a filter to work on either event disk space or cause.
But I also have never seen events like that where I cared.

so:
iconnor wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:46 pm You have crashing going on.

Look at your logs.
is my only suggestion at this point.
Sorry, good luck.