Current recommended Version 1.35.? and Image Latency

Previous development branch now released as 1.36
juanboy2k

Current recommended Version 1.35.? and Image Latency

Post by juanboy2k »

I have 2 questions

1) what is the recommended stable 1.35 version (i'm at 1.34.23 now (assuming there is a stable version -- otherwise i'll stick at 34) and
2) I have a strange issue that has occurred since i recently rebuilt my entire unbuntu system (20.04.2 lts) after changing out the Motherboard, going to an intel I3 10100 chip and such .. and now, curiously, I have the strange behavior that the ZM monitoring can get as much as 45 seconds to a 1min DELAYED from the actual time of the camera. So while the clock time is really 2:00:45, ZM (using a time display from the actual camera) is showing that the time is only 2:00:00 .. so it's lagging behind.

CPU is running at no more than like 10-15% busy.

This is unsettling, and unfortunate at the same time; the other day I watched as the AmVet folks stopped by to pickup my bags of donated goods, and when I tried to go out to catch them (i'd forgotten to put the bags outside), they had actually been gone for nearly 45 seconds or more.

So this didn't ever use to happen (prior to my rebuild especially) -- so i'm wondering did I accidentally enable some "delay" somewhere that is causing this latency, or is there possibly some other nefarious cause?

thanks...
bbunge

Re: Current recommended Version 1.35.? and Image Latency

Post by bbunge »

1.35.x is a development version. Works well but glitches can pop up as new things are put into the code. For stable stay with 1.34.x. For an adventure go to 1.35.x!
juanboy2k

Post by juanboy2k »

Thanks! That's what it sounded like, re: stability.

So the other question re: the delay between the current time and the monitored view ... is that normal??
juanboy2k

Post by juanboy2k »

Welp .. after careful attention being paid to the warning about frame rates on the camera setup page (general tab), I removed entirely the settings i had in analysis FPS, max FPS, and Alarm FPS. The camera is set to 10FPS. And lo, now the red log error messages have seemingly ceased, and the log is now showing up "green" status for the first time since probably February or so.

And best of all, the camera is now maintaining a fixed 2 second lag time which is fine.

:idea: :D
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

Those fields are only needed in rare niche cases and only by very experienced users.
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
All of these can be found at https://zoneminder.blogspot.com/