Unable to free up older packets

Previous development branch now released as 1.36
zxarr

Unable to free up older packets

Post by zxarr »

Fresh install on bare metal Ubuntu 20.04 build. No real issues installing, it all went smoothly. ZM seems to be working alright, but I do keep seeing this error in the logs on occasion. My Forum and Google searches have led me nowhere.

Code: Select all

2021-03-29 03:32:36	zmc_m1		85268	ERR	Unable to free up older packets. Not queueing this video packet.	zm_packetqueue.cpp	128
2021-03-29 03:32:36	zmc_m1		85268	WAR	You have set the video packets in the queue to 1. The queue is full. Either Analysis is not keeping up or your camera's keyframe interval is larger than this setting. We are dropping packets.	zm_packetqueue.cpp	93
Doesn't seem to be causing an issue, it just creeps in randomly, then goes away...
Magic919

Re: Unable to free up older packets

Post by Magic919 »

Part of the fun of running the development version. You might prefer 1.34 if you want a quiet life.
-
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

zxarr wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:52 am Fresh install on bare metal Ubuntu 20.04 build. No real issues installing, it all went smoothly. ZM seems to be working alright, but I do keep seeing this error in the logs on occasion. My Forum and Google searches have led me nowhere.

Code: Select all

2021-03-29 03:32:36	zmc_m1		85268	ERR	Unable to free up older packets. Not queueing this video packet.	zm_packetqueue.cpp	128
2021-03-29 03:32:36	zmc_m1		85268	WAR	You have set the video packets in the queue to 1. The queue is full. Either Analysis is not keeping up or your camera's keyframe interval is larger than this setting. We are dropping packets.	zm_packetqueue.cpp	93
Doesn't seem to be causing an issue, it just creeps in randomly, then goes away...
Might be that you have Image Buffer Size (frames) set too low or Maximum Image Buffer Size (frames) not set at "0".

ImageBufferCount

Number of raw images available in /dev/shm. Currently should be set in the 3-5 range. Used for live viewing.

As this is used for live viewing the error may appear only when you watch a live stream. As the error says you may have to reduce the Key Frame interval at your camera. I.O.W. send a full frame packet more often.
hns

Post by hns »

I can confirm that error as well. Suddenly it started after few months running without any problem with 1.35.18.
One camera started freezing randomly for 12 seconds. After these 12 sec it works for random time 1s to even half minute after that back to freezer. Even time label freezing (its always the last added camera). While live view from camera UI is running smoothly all the time.
All cameras stop recording randomly like it select when it want to record. Some recorded videos are broken. Browser says "The video playback was aborted due to a corruption problem or because the video used features your browser did not support".
That error happen few times every second.
Camera configuration is all the same
Buffer size 30
MaxImageBuffer Count 100
Warming 2
Pre record and post record is 20
Stream replay 50
Alarm 2

After i upgraded it to 1.35.21 and fix the SQL database (it colapsed totally, missing tables or table exist but empty). It is still the same as it started to be on 1.35.18.
After upgrading to 1.35.22 and fixing SQL again its still the same.
The only change is that usage of dev/shm went rapidly down from 1,5GB to 300M. Setup for shm is 3G.
Loading LOG is now almost impossible, mostly i got empty table with "Please wait..." label.
System load increased from 1.3 average to 2.5 and more

My configuration is
i3-3220, 8G ram, 32G SSD for system, 1TB SSHD for records.
Debian Buster (openmediavault 5.x) with 7x3TB raid5
5x IP camera, UDP stream, 1280x720x24b@10FPS
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

This is something I did in .22 to match the behaviour of 1.34.

MaxImageBufferCount was set equal to old value for ImageBufferCount and then ImageBufferCount was set to 3.

Feel free to increase MaxImagebufferCount or set it to 0. It is only to handle the runaway ram use case. Hopefully it will eventually be uneccessary.
hns

Post by hns »

I had 0 or as u can see 100. No difference. The last added camera is freezing and log of zmc_m[last number] is filling with error mentioned above.
Just the queue number is different. Sometimes is 1, sometimes -65468465156165464. Maybe random number.

The most strange thing for me is that the 35.18 version was running okey for quite long time. And suddenly the last added camera stop recording and i find out that the picture is repeatedly freezing. It freezes always for the same time - 12 sec in my case. Then the picture is updated for random period. 1 - 30sec as i saw in my case.
I manage somehow to the camera work again. But other camera stop recording in modect. In manual issued alarm or "record" mode it record fine. Except sometimes the video was broken.

For now i went back to 1.34.latest as im going out of house for some period and i need at least some evidence of my "courious" neighbours sniffing around.

BTW - very good work, thank you for it
GaborS

Post by GaborS »

Hi!

I got same issue: Unable to free up older packets. Not queueing this video packet.
And I have a playback issue too.
The system is record a steel images, but not play as a mp4 video.

Please somebody help for me!

Best Regards,
GáborS
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

Monitors->Buffers->MaxImageBUfferCount.

Increase it.
GaborS

Post by GaborS »

THX!