No outline on alarmed events

Previous development branch now released as 1.36
hlywine

No outline on alarmed events

Post by hlywine »

I have several cameras running on ZM, some are outside and I recently decided to fine tune them as I am getting way too many false positive motion events due to weather changes. After reading up on forums on how to do that I noticed a lot of people saying they get an outline of the blob where the alarm happened or what caused the alarm. On my system I have never seen any outlines and having trouble fine tunning the camera as I have no idea what causes the alarms to begin with. I do have my alarm zones setup and check method set to blobs. In the config I have CREATE_ANALYSIS_IMAGES enabled. Anything else that I'm missing?
I'm running ZM version 1.35.5. Thought it might have been a bug with the previous ZM so yesterday updated to the newest version. Previous was also 1.35... Don't know exactly which one.
Also, using rtsp streams from ip cameras, if that makes any difference.
knight-of-ni

Re: No outline on alarmed events

Post by knight-of-ni »

Verify analysis jpeg images are being written, found under the storage tab of each monitor.
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
All of these can be found at https://zoneminder.blogspot.com/
hlywine

Post by hlywine »

Seems like they are. I tested by going to Audit Event Retorts, from there I can click on "first event", "last event" etc.. To get to an actual alarmed event. From there I can watch actual footage of the even with red underlined timeline during detected motion. I can click on "frames" to see alarmed frames and statistics and I can look at every frame, the alarmed frames only get a red border around the whole image instead of highlighting the pixels that alarmed.
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

I'm not not sure what you mean by seems like. If you open a monitor config and click on the storage tab, is analysis images selected in the Save JPEG's drop down?
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
All of these can be found at https://zoneminder.blogspot.com/
hlywine

Post by hlywine »

Yes, I do have analysis images and frames selected in the drop down
SBCDave

Post by SBCDave »

I'm not sure why this thread died, but if anyone has an answer I'm having the same problem. Don't see any outlines for some reason and I think it's because the hole zone is the blob for some reason.
dougmccrary

Post by dougmccrary »

"W hole zone is the blob"
No, that's the default zone, which is blobs type. Blobs happen when there's motion.
When you play a recording, and select "Frames" you should get a list of frames. There will be blob(s) on frames with a non-zero score.
Zero score = no blob.
That's more or less the case with the current bionic release and the present focal snapshot ( 1.35.10~20201021104113 ) here.