dlandon's docker runs into mysql problems on fresh install

Support for the docker image maintained by dlandon
SpikeyGG

dlandon's docker runs into mysql problems on fresh install

Post by SpikeyGG »

I've been trying to get switched over to dlandon's new docker hub repo (https://hub.docker.com/r/dlandon/zonemi ... e.learning) but I'm having a hell of a time. When I try to start from ground zero (I'm trying to build a fresh install) it fails with this:

Code: Select all

Creating hook/known_faces folder in config folder
Creating hook/unknown_faces folder in config folder
Starting services...
 * Starting Apache httpd web server apache2
 * Starting MariaDB database server mysqld
   ...done.
Jun 19 14:16:47 zoneminder zmupdate[16302]: ERR [Error reconnecting to db: errstr:Unknown database 'zm' error val:]
Jun 19 14:16:47 zoneminder zmupdate[16302]: ERR [Error reconnecting to db: errstr:Unknown database 'zm' error val:]
Jun 19 14:16:47 zoneminder zmupdate[16303]: ERR [Error reconnecting to db: errstr:Unknown database 'zm' error val:]
Jun 19 14:16:47 zoneminder zmupdate[16303]: ERR [Error reconnecting to db: errstr:Unknown database 'zm' error val:]
Starting ZoneMinder:
Jun 19 14:16:47 zoneminder zmpkg[16313]: ERR [Error reconnecting to db: errstr:Unknown database 'zm' error val:]
Jun 19 14:16:47 zoneminder zmpkg[16313]: ERR [Error reconnecting to db: errstr:Unknown database 'zm' error val:]
ZoneMinder failed to start

Jun 19 14:16:47 zoneminder syslog-ng[38]: syslog-ng shutting down; version='3.25.1'
Shouldn't the database creation happen automatically when the container is stood up? My command looks like this:

docker run -d --name="zoneminder" --hostname="zoneminder" --net="bridge" --privileged="false" --shm-size="50G" -p 8080:80/tcp -p 9001:9000/tcp -e TZ="America/Boise" -e MULTI_PORT_START="0" -e MULTI_PORT_END="0" -v "/all_media/zm_data/config":"/config":rw -v "/all_media/zm_data/data":"/var/cache/zoneminder":rw dlandon/zoneminder.machine.learning
I did a NO_START_ZM="1" per the instructions to troubleshoot and it appears that the zm database doesn't exist in the mysql instance. I tried to create the database manually but got this error:

MariaDB [(none)]> create database zm;
ERROR 1006 (HY000): Can't create database 'zm' (errno: 2 "No such file or directory")
MariaDB [(none)]>
Then I found this webpage that suggested clearing out `/var/lib/mysql` and restarting the service fixed it. I saw that inside the docker the `/var/lib/mysql` is a softlink that points to `/config/mysql` so I looked in there and there was a bunch of stuff including the 'zm' folder purportedly for the zm database and I thought maybe I'll just restart the mysql service and see what happens.

When I did that, I opened mysql again and looked at the list of DBs and zm was in there!! WTH? After that I did a `service zoneminder start` and everything is peachy! Maybe there just needs to be a `service mysql restart` as part of the dlandon docker to keep this from happening? I'm not sure how it gets into this funk but it's completely repeatable on my system.
Juidyuy2

Re: dlandon's docker runs into mysql problems on fresh install

Post by Juidyuy2 »

same issue for me!
Thanks for reporting it!
cybersteel8

Post by cybersteel8 »

I believe I got the same issue with the zoneminder.unraid docker image! I got this massive set of logs from the log output available through Unraid

Starting services...
* Starting Apache httpd web server apache2
...done.
DBI connect('database=zm;host=localhost','zmuser',...) failed: Unknown database 'zm' at /usr/share/perl5/ZoneMinder/Database.pm line 110.

DBI connect('database=zm;host=localhost','zmuser',...) failed: Unknown database 'zm' at /usr/share/perl5/ZoneMinder/Database.pm line 110.

Jun 30 19:04:14 d1fcb8080590 zmupdate[16762]: ERR [Error reconnecting to db: errstr:Unknown database 'zm' error val:]

Unable to connect to DB. ZM Cannot continue.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/perl5/ZoneMinder/Config.pm line 150.

Compilation failed in require at /usr/bin/zmupdate.pl line 74.

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/bin/zmupdate.pl line 74.

Jun 30 19:04:14 d1fcb8080590 zmupdate[16762]: ERR [Error reconnecting to db: errstr:Unknown database 'zm' error val:]

Jun 30 19:04:14 d1fcb8080590 zmupdate[16763]: ERR [Error reconnecting to db: errstr:Unknown database 'zm' error val:]

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/perl5/ZoneMinder/Config.pm line 150.

Jun 30 19:04:14 d1fcb8080590 zmupdate[16763]: ERR [Error reconnecting to db: errstr:Unknown database 'zm' error val:]

Starting ZoneMinder:

Jun 30 19:04:14 d1fcb8080590 zmpkg[16773]: ERR [Error reconnecting to db: errstr:Unknown database 'zm' error val:]

Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/perl5/ZoneMinder.pm line 33.

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/perl5/ZoneMinder.pm line 33.

Compilation failed in require at /usr/bin/zmpkg.pl line 34.

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/bin/zmpkg.pl line 34.

Jun 30 19:04:14 d1fcb8080590 zmpkg[16773]: ERR [Error reconnecting to db: errstr:Unknown database 'zm' error val:]

*** /etc/my_init.d/40_firstrun.sh failed with status 255

*** Killing all processes...
Jun 30 19:04:14 d1fcb8080590 syslog-ng[39]: syslog-ng shutting down; version='3.25.1'

...done.

Starting ZoneMinder:

Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/perl5/ZoneMinder.pm line 33.

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/perl5/ZoneMinder.pm line 33.

Compilation failed in require at /usr/bin/zmpkg.pl line 34.

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/bin/zmpkg.pl line 34.

*** /etc/my_init.d/40_firstrun.sh failed with status 255

*** Killing all processes...
Jun 30 19:04:14 d1fcb8080590 syslog-ng[39]: syslog-ng shutting down; version='3.25.1'
Doing the same steps as you worked! Specifically, I shut-down the container and added the NO_START_ZM variable and restarted the container. Then I loaded up the console for the container (I am using Unraid, there's a button to do it) and performed service mysql restart after checking that there was a zm folder in that /var/lib/mysql directory and then loaded zoneminder with service zoneminder start and Zoneminder logged that it loaded successfully.

Thank you very much for this mate, it helped a lot!
dlandon

Post by dlandon »

I have applied a fix for this problem.
kysdaddy

Post by kysdaddy »

Hello,
I keep having this issue. I delete and recreate the entire system and a couple of weeks later the same error.

When you say "I have applied a fix for this problem." what does that mean, is there something in particular that I need to do to get past this ?

Chas
Prinler

Post by Prinler »

I am trying to get this also to work and it crashes every single time. Ive asked many friends who all use UNRAID and they also cant get it to work. Ive tried to use the variable to stop it from booting and that never works.
Magic919

Post by Magic919 »

Post on the Unraid forum where DLandon hangs out.
-