Stream and record starting with motion detection?

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.34.x releases only.
Fixeon

Stream and record starting with motion detection?

Post by Fixeon »

Hello,

i experimented a few things with Zoneminder and i like Zoneminder and the functions but one thing preoccupies me. I use two types of monitors (one high resolution for motion detection and one low resolution stream for recording). So good so far. But the CPU load is higher with the high resolution stream although Zoneminder doesn't record anything. The pre image buffer is set to 0 but it seems that Zoneminder start both streams and start the recording if any kind of motion is detected. Is there any solution to start the high resolution stream only if there is a motion detection?

Best regards
iconnor

Re: Stream and record starting with motion detection?

Post by iconnor »

This is coming in 1.38.

However you need to understand that it can take up to 30 sec (depending on camera) to connect and start streaming from a camera.

You probably want to turn off decoding in the high res stream which is an option 1.36.
pastyroark

Re: Stream and record starting with motion detection?

Post by pastyroark »

iconnor wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:25 pm This is coming in 1.38.

However you need to understand that it can take up to 30 sec (depending on camera) to connect and start streaming from a camera.

You probably want to turn off decoding in the high res stream which is an option 1.36.
That's good to know! Thank you!