Adding one reolink breaks zm

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.34.x releases only.
BobLaske

Adding one reolink breaks zm

Post by BobLaske »

I bought a reolink E1 Outdoor (https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B08QVDFW27) to go with some other cameras but every time I add this camera, it breaks ZM.

By break, I mean that it has all kinds of problems like losing access to the database, crashing to the point where I have to restart the server over and over until it finally comes back up.

I haven't had the opportunity to look through the logs yet but what could cause such problems and what should I be looking for to figure that out?
Magic919

Re: Adding one reolink breaks zm

Post by Magic919 »

Try it without the other cameras.
-
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

Sounds like you are pushing some resource beyond it's limits. Could be space in /dev/shm, could be db connection limits, could be general limited ram/cpu.
BobLaske

Post by BobLaske »

Good call.
Yes, I'm pushing the heck out of it, ZM is running on a Rockchip RK3288 Tiny ARM Single Board Computer with 2GB RAM.
Just trying to see how many cameras I can run on this little chip.

I have 5 cameras already configured, one inactive, between 600/700KB/s, load between 2-5. That works fine until I add this other camera then everything breaks.

So you think it's a simple as that uh?

Maybe I need to lower the resolution's since I'm using full stream's. I wonder if that would work.
Acewiza

Post by Acewiza »

I believe the problem is Reolink simply does not play well with Zoneminder (for whatever ACTUAL reason). I squelched mine down to very minimal frame rates/colorspace h.264 profiles, etc. - anything to lower the load on the system, until I had 11 cams idling along in modect not even breaking a sweat on the system resource load, and the Reolinks STILL suck. Hikvisions running much higher frame rates, never a glitch. Reolinks - garbage display at anything more than minimal settings.