Upgrade to 1.36 stops cameras, downgrade stops events

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.34.x releases only.
OH1KH

Upgrade to 1.36 stops cameras, downgrade stops events

Post by OH1KH »

HI!

I have been using v 1.34-21 /Fedora33 and it works (modect) with my RTP/RSTP IP cameras (wired)

Some time ago I upgraded to Fedora zm package 1.36-? and found out that all cameras stopped working. Lots of errors with different libraries etc. (even it was normal fedora 33 update!!)
When noticed it will not work I downgraded back to 1.34-21 and cameras started to work. How ever web console showed some amount of total events but when clicked the number event list page was empty.
Hour, day, week, month and archived events did not show any number. Expected (and seen before) they should show out number 0 (zero)

I stopped and dropped database, cleaned up event directories but it did not help Total events still had its number, but no events in web console.
Also new events did not show up to any cameras any more.

Finally I removed zoneminder packages, manually cleaned all remaining files, removed MaraDB database server and cleaned also it's remaining folders.
After fresh install of MariaDB server and zoneminder the web console finally showed up all event counts as 0 (zeros). And new events started to appear as expected.

Today I noticed there was a new update for 1.36.5-1-fc33 that I had not tested (I think) and let Fedora update to make update also for zoneminder.
After running zmupdate.pl and started zoneminder I noticed that the same problem still exists. Damn....!

Because I have also some other usage for MariaDB server removing it is a huge operation that I do not want to do again !

I am not mysql guru, even when I know some basics, and now I need advice how to find out what makes old total number of events to show up, with nothing at hour, day, week, month and archived side and what prevents new events to appear.

I suspect there could be something that zoneminder writes/reads to databases: "mysql", "information_schema" and "preformance_schema" as removing and reinstalling whole database server helps for this problem.

I believe that fixing could be done with some mysql commands instead of removing whole server.

Help appreciated !