ZM on Hyper-v

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.34.x releases only.
nthulke

ZM on Hyper-v

Post by nthulke »

Hi

I am trying out ZM and have installed it on my Windows server using HyperV Ubuntu20. I have 6 Cams attached at the moment. 4x Wyze Cam v2 and a older TPlink camera and a IPCam that just outputs RTSP.

The Wyze Cams are very choppy and somewhat delayed and drop off alot from the Montage view, and if I refresh the console they show D/C occationally. The other 2 cams are fine never drop off at all.

I have tested the Wyze Cams using VLC and when they are dropping off ZM they are still streaming no issues to VLC, is this a possilbe bandwidth issue with my HyperV setup? The VM has 8gb Ram and 2 processors and never goes over 12% useage of those processors.

I am building a new Server soon and I was going to move this over to it as it has more resources to throw at it, but I am wondering if you have issues ith this being hosted on HyperV that you now of.

Cheers.
iconnor

Re: ZM on Hyper-v

Post by iconnor »

Probably UDP vs TCP. If you want to stay with UDP you may need to increase jitter buffer.Or just use tcp. In any event, we can't tell without logs. Look in your logs.