Multi-Port issue three green dots

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.34.x releases only.
ZonedMind

Multi-Port issue three green dots

Post by ZonedMind »

I'm looking to clean up my montage FPS on the ZMNinja-pro app. Based on what Ive read I need to set up multi-port streaming on ZoneMinder. I followed this article https://medium.com/zmninja/multi-port-s ... 836a336c93 which seems to be the go to based on searching the forums.
I set the MIN_STREAMING_PORT, added the ports to the ports.conf (removed the https part as my setup is http) and added the ports to the virtualhost file (which for me was 000-default.conf)
At any rate, upon setting everything up and clearing the API cache and quitting/reopening, I get three green dots for my streams.
Debug mode shows connection refused for the streams. I have tried disabling authentication on the server and app as well, with the same effect.
If I remove the MIN_STREAMING_PORT everything returns to normal. There is also a MIN_RTSP_PORT that I tried as I use rtsp for my camera modules which didn't give me the green dots but did not change my FPS either. Am I missing something here? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
This is all internal as well so I did not bother worrying about port forwarding at the moment.
Screen Shot 2021-05-18 at 2.15.33 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-05-18 at 2.15.33 PM.png (56.22 KiB) Viewed 2487 times
Screen Shot 2021-05-18 at 2.07.36 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-05-18 at 2.07.36 PM.png (449.31 KiB) Viewed 2487 times
dougmccrary

Re: Multi-Port issue three green dots

Post by dougmccrary »

You must set it up your router. It doesn't know what to do with the new ports....
Andyrh

Post by Andyrh »

Make sure that the ports are not being blocked on the ZM server.
Andy
o||||o

Ubuntu 22.04
ZM 1.36.33
E5-1650-v4 Xeon
16 GB RAM
6 cameras -> 54 FPS modect
ZonedMind

Post by ZonedMind »

dougmccrary wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 10:02 pm You must set it up your router. It doesn't know what to do with the new ports....
Even though it's internal only?
Magic919

Post by Magic919 »

No, check all the other stuff.
-
ZonedMind

Post by ZonedMind »

Andyrh wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 12:48 am Make sure that the ports are not being blocked on the ZM server.
I spent a good chunk of time working on this yesterday, I tested the ports going out from my Mac to the Ubuntu server using netcat and it was successful, which to me proves that the core router/firewall is not blocking the ports internally. When I go from the Ubuntu server out to the Mac I am unsuccessful though. I checked and UFW is not even enabled, but I put in allow rules anyway for the ports I am trying to use. It sounds like IPtables is deprecated but I allowed the ports through that as well. When I run netstat I do not see the ports I am using as active. Is there another place I should be allowing the ports? I feel like must be missing something here.
Magic919

Post by Magic919 »

If you've restarted Apache and the ports are not open, then something is wrong in your Apache config changes. Check that the standard Apache port shows up in your netstat and go from there.
-
ZonedMind

Post by ZonedMind »

Magic919 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 12:20 pm If you've restarted Apache and the ports are not open, then something is wrong in your Apache config changes. Check that the standard Apache port shows up in your netstat and go from there.
I actually got it working this morning! I used the IP table route of forwarding all the ports to port 80. After returning my ports.conf back to original I think I found my mistake. I placed all of the ports for apache to listen to under the <IfModule ssl_module> but I am not using HTTPS at this point. I'm sure If I placed them above, outside of the SSL It would work, but the IP table route worked for me so I will stick with that.
Magic919

Post by Magic919 »

Glad you got it sorted.

Make sure you document it, so it doesn't bite you later on.
-
dougmccrary

Post by dougmccrary »

Make sure you document it, so it doesn't bite you later on.
Yeah, good idea. I've got a page on my regular machine with the info.

An aside, though.

I finally got around to working on why I couldn't see my #5 monitor away from home.
Turns out Cox cable uses 30005 for something, and blocks it.
Moved my cams to 301xx and all works now.