Montage Review update interval

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.34.x releases only.
blit9

Montage Review update interval

Post by blit9 »

ZoneMinder is great work! Query: Montage Review seems to always run somewhat behind real time (I assume actual event/alarm notifications are in real time and not delayed). The delay in Montage Review seems to be something on the order of 10 minutes before the next chunk is added. Can this be configured to a shorter interval? Thanks very much!
dougmccrary

Re: Montage Review update interval

Post by dougmccrary »

Maybe tell a bit about your system and how many cameras? MR *is* kinda slow, but 10 mins is ridiculous.
blit9

Post by blit9 »

Just one camera. Review has always taken about that long to show up, regardless of what
kind of camera or what kind of mode. That includes 1 fps snapshots, 264 passthrough, etc. No load problems (typically around 0.50 on dual-core Ubuntu 18.04). Is there a way to speed up this processing? Thanks.
blit9

Post by blit9 »

So, the issue turns out to be that in continuous mocord mode with 264 passthrough, nothing will show up in review and no alerts will be processed until the next 10 minute chunk shows up. I reduced the event length from 600 secs to 120, and that seems to solve this nicely in both respects for now.
dougmccrary

Post by dougmccrary »

Oh. Didn't realize you looking at *very* recent events...( I usually watch stuff from the previous night to see what varmint ate all the cat food...)