cutted movement detection

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.34.x releases only.
commander672

cutted movement detection

Post by commander672 »

As camera iI use a rpi 4 with a joy-it 5MP camera as rtsp stream to zoneminder.
works great at some point, resolution is set to 960p and ffmpeg -r 6000k.

Quality is not that great, but alright.

The point i'm struggling with is for instance I have 30mins of movement but i have like 20folder with alarm triggers And I don't know if it keeps in alarm or goes to idle.

So When googling I came up with the post_image_count which i changed to about 200 aka about 20sec extra. this works better at some point, I still have 20 folder with each video about 59sec.

What I would like

When it detects something it needs to start recording when detection is away or lets say there is no movement it can stop recording lets say 5 or 10sec after.

But in my current video of 30min movement always It like to have a single file and not 20folder but yeah sure if it cut the video ito piece so the file or stream don't corrupt let's say every 10min i'm oke with that.

What settings do I still have to change to make it better?
Maximo1970

Re: cutted movement detection

Post by Maximo1970 »

I've re-read your post about 5 times now and I'm still not sure what issue your trying to resolve.

Could you explain what your trying to achieve with the camera at a basic level. No need to go into details. Also it would be worth while providing your current settings for the camera your having issue with.
commander672

Re: cutted movement detection

Post by commander672 »

EDit:

Result i want: when the alarm triggers or let's say when there is movement I like the camera to record as long as there is movement.
It does happen that pieces or cut out due to early stopped recording.

current settings on the camera:

ffmpeg
modect
32bit-colour
1280-960 resolution
image buffer size: 20
warmup frames: 3
pre event image count: 15
post event image count: 200
stream relay image buffer: 5
alarm frame count: 1