repeating authentication errors

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.34.x releases only.
marcjw

repeating authentication errors

Post by marcjw »

I updated my ZM on Ubuntu 20.04 this past weekend to 1.34.26. The update went fine. I also changed my ZM user password this weekend as well. Now the log window is saying there are permission and auth errors. These 6 errors repeat every two minutes. Even though the error says that my user (me - marcw) can't be authenticated I can assure you that both my login and the admin login authenticates just fine. I now wish I hadn't changed my password on the same day I upgraded since I can't be sure what's causing these repeating errors.
Seeking advice.
Attachments
Selection_582.png
Selection_582.png (46.22 KiB) Viewed 1677 times
lbm

Re: repeating authentication errors

Post by lbm »

Check the permissions on the file /var/log/zm/zmu.log, service must be able to write to it. (and the parent folder "zm")
marcjw

Post by marcjw »

lbm wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:32 am Check the permissions on the file /var/log/zm/zmu.log, service must be able to write to it. (and the parent folder "zm")

Thanks, that was the issue for part of it. But it still seems to think that I can't be authenticated even though I'm in it right now.

Selection_584.png
Selection_584.png (30.8 KiB) Viewed 1638 times
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

typically auth issues are due to timezone differences between system(db) and php.
marcjw

Post by marcjw »

iconnor wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:33 pm typically auth issues are due to timezone differences between system(db) and php.
I changed my new (complex) password back to the old (simple) password and the errors stopped. Are there password character restrictions?
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

ffmpeg can't handle weird characters. They need to be url encoded. Which means we need to parse the url, escape the password, rebuild the url and hand that to ffmpeg.

It's the parsing of the url that is tricky (in c++ land) and we have thus far been lazy about it.