zombie event?

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.34.x releases only.
alabamatoy

zombie event?

Post by alabamatoy »

thousands of following error in logs:

Code: Select all

Apr  7 07:17:25 [servername] zms_e484[14960]: ERR [zms_e484] [Can't open /media/2TBDrive/zoneminder/6/2021-04-03/484/00035-capture.jpg: No such file or directory]
Its always zms_e484, but varying filenames. Even stopping and restarting the service doesnt clear it, the errors start up again as soon as the service starts. There is no event# 484, it was deleted long ago.

How do I clear this?
Bluemax

Re: zombie event?

Post by Bluemax »

Have you tried deleting the 484 folder manually on hdd? Usually ZM cleans up automatically after some time but i had such an incident as well in the past. The entry is in the database but something seems to hold it up. I guess it should vanish after some time once the 484 folder on hdd is gone.
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

Something is trying to stream the event maybe an old bookmark or something that is pointing to the event instead of console
alabamatoy

Post by alabamatoy »

iconnor wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:57 pm Something is trying to stream the event maybe an old bookmark or something that is pointing to the event instead of console
This was the key. Restarting Apache stopped the barrage of log entries. Apparently Apache set a process in motion to view the event and it got hung. There might ought to be a check for this, some reasonable number of these ought to cause the process to be aborted....
alabamatoy

Post by alabamatoy »

This is apparently truly a bug. Deleting events is causing thousands of these errors in the logs. It seems like eventually they go away when things work correctly, but sometimes they persist and really fill up the logs. Im seeing it on both my 1.34.23 installs.

It appears that hitting the delete button in the event view while the event is playing causes this. Deleting events from the event listing (check boxes of various events and hit delete) doesnt seem to cause it. Deleting the event while the event is playing will result in a few hundred of these errors for each event, and if theres a lot of events it will really clobber the log.

In the event view, hitting the delete button ought to stop all attempts to view any images for the event first, then delete the event files. Is this possibly reversed in the code?