Email_Alert_Videos filter went haywire

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.34.x releases only.
kennbr34

Email_Alert_Videos filter went haywire

Post by kennbr34 »

Hey guys I'm wondering if someone can help me out with this. On or around March 2nd, the Email_Alert_Videos went completely haywire and started sending thousands of emails, presumably with no matching alert (since I did not have thousands of corresponding events).

I have it set up to send two picture attachments and the video itself, but the messages being sent had only one video attachment called 'noname' and that was not able to play.

Because I have the logs set to only contain 7 days of logs, and this happened on the 2nd, I could not see where this behavior started or why.

I was wondering what I should do to keep an eye on this from here on out? I figure I should start by increasing the log time, but wondering if there are any other suggestions?
kennbr34

Re: Email_Alert_Videos filter went haywire

Post by kennbr34 »

This problem occurred again a couple of days ago. It seems to only happen every once in a long while, and leaving the log level to INF doesn't seem to reveal anything going on with the filter. Meanwhile if I leave it on debug for that long it will probably fill up my syslog as my root partition does not have much space on it.