Problem with image from Axis p33

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.34.x releases only.
bensz

Problem with image from Axis p33

Post by bensz »

Hello,
I have 20 Axis P33. With 13 everything works fine, but with 7 I have problem with image.
Capture d’écran du 2021-02-03 12-00-52.png
Capture d’écran du 2021-02-03 12-00-52.png (353.19 KiB) Viewed 2424 times
Every parameters are same in ZM and in cameras. I don't understand.
Thanks for ideas
Benoit
burger

Re: Problem with image from Axis p33

Post by burger »

Is the system overloaded? Does it occur when you add the 14th camera, or always on 7 specific cameras? Perhaps the hardware is faulty. Does a 2nd computer with ffmpeg / vlc show the feed garbled? Is the resolution the same?

Do the logs indicate anything is wrong? Post logs.

Are the cameras all setup the same? Search the forums for screen tearing. Although it's uncommon to see different behavior on the same model of camera. Unless the firmware or settings are different.
fastest way to test streams:
ffmpeg -i rtsp://<user>:<pass>@<ipaddress>:554/path ./output.mp4 (if terminal only)
ffplay rtsp://<user>:<pass>@<ipaddress>:554/path (gui)
find paths on ispydb or in zm hcl

If you are new to security software, read:
https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Dummies_Guide
bensz

Post by bensz »

Hello,
Thanks for your reply.
The system is not overloaded as top indicate 21% use of CPU. The load is about 4.
For the cameras, the problem always come from the same cameras
I changed parameter of some working camera from mocord to none on 6 working camera to suppress load, But no changes,
I tried to upgrade firmware for a camera, no changes.
With VLC, I have a perfect image using IP_address/mjpg/video.mjpg same config as zm
All parameters between cameras seems to be the same like monitors in zm.

extract from Log with a "faulty" camera:
02/05/21 00:12:35.039648 zmc_m1[14505].INF-zm_monitor.cpp/2550 [porte de secours parking: images:608200 - Capturing at 20.00 fps, capturing bandwidth 452698bytes/sec]
02/05/21 00:12:39.115063 zmc_m1[14505].INF-zm_monitor.cpp/2550 [porte de secours parking: images:608300 - Capturing at 25.00 fps, capturing bandwidth 565689bytes/sec]
02/05/21 00:12:43.192459 zmc_m1[14505].INF-zm_monitor.cpp/2550 [porte de secours parking: images:608400 - Capturing at 25.00 fps, capturing bandwidth 565325bytes/sec]

I searched for screen tearing. For the moment, I didn't find. But I'll continue to search.
Thanks
Benoit
burger

Post by burger »

I didn't mean change settings on ZM, I meant on cameras. If you factory reset the cameras and there are 6 distinct cameras that don't work it seems to be a hardware fault, assuming the hw and fw revision is the same or otherwise not impacting anything. You also want to rule out interference on ethernet cable (though unlikely).

If VLC works, you can try Source type libVLC in ZM. You can also try ffmpeg from terminal. Does ffmpeg /ffplay have garbled output? Basically, rule out things that are causing the image to fail. Bad connections, bad PSU, bad firmware, overloaded CPU, etc...
ffmpeg -i rtsp://<user>:<pass>@<ipaddress>:554/path ./output.mp4 (if terminal only)

bensz

Post by bensz »

Hi,
I understand about camera settings. Settings are same. Firmware not, because if you buy a camera on monday, you can have a different firmware than on tuesday. But I upgraded one to the last firmware, and there's no change. Hardware problem seems to be excluded as everything works fine with vlc.
Just a question, I don't find how to use vlc. where can I choose VLC as source. Is there a doc?
Thanks
Benoit
mikb

Post by mikb »

burger wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:50 pm Search the forums for screen tearing.
That doesn't look like the classic data-corruption that causes MPEG tearing artifacts. It looks like either the resolution or the colourspace (number of bytes per pixel) is wrong, and the picture is being scrambled because of it.

Check *very* carefully that the resolution the camera is actually sending is that which is expected by Zoneminder's settings (to the pixel!) and that the format of the data is correct (e.g. 3 bytes per pixel not being confused with 4 bytes/32 bit).

If I scale it by 33.33% (keeping 1 in 3 lines, I get this ... you may recognise the view!) which is why I believe the above is your problem!
bob.png
bob.png (48.05 KiB) Viewed 2272 times
burger

Post by burger »

mikb wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:22 pm That doesn't look like the classic data-corruption that causes MPEG tearing artifacts. It looks like either the resolution or the colourspace (number of bytes per pixel) is wrong, and the picture is being scrambled because of it.

Check *very* carefully that the resolution the camera is actually sending is that which is expected by Zoneminder's settings (to the pixel!) and that the format of the data is correct (e.g. 3 bytes per pixel not being confused with 4 bytes/32 bit).

If I scale it by 33.33% (keeping 1 in 3 lines, I get this ... you may recognise the view!) which is why I believe the above is your problem!
Good point. That sounds correct.

As for LibVLC, I believe it will be available as a Source Type if the dependencies are available when ZM is built. Debian and Ubuntu should have it as default since 1.32. Before that it might've required a manual install. libvlc-dev or something similar. Specific instruction were in one of the old wiki debian guides. But it shouldn't be needed now.

So it will depend upon what dist you are using. Anyways, use ffmpeg from terminal or VLC from gui and double check the resolution, as that is more likely the issue, based on above.
Attachments
libvlc.png
libvlc.png (42.21 KiB) Viewed 2232 times

bensz

Post by bensz »

Hello,
Sorry for late reply.
You had the right solution, but I didn't saw it. You were right with resolution problem.
The image is vertical. So my resolution is not 640*480 but 480*640. I changed the parameter and everything is fine.
Thanks
Benoit