Can not access/view events, filters, montage, montage review zm 1.34.21 on openSUSE Tumbleweed

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.34.x releases only.
emailej

Can not access/view events, filters, montage, montage review zm 1.34.21 on openSUSE Tumbleweed

Post by emailej »

After recent minor update I can not longer view any events. I have the list of events as usual but on click to open only a blank white screen appears. I can view the frames. This blank white screen also happens for filters and montage review. Montage will work one time but then if I click back to the console and try to open montage I get the white screen or sometimes "This page isn’t working my.ip.add.xxx is currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500

If I open a new incognito window and login then montage will work one time. I don't see any warnings or errors in the log.

Any ideas on what the issue might be?

running the most recent version of ZoneMinder, v1.34.21.
Operating System: openSUSE Tumbleweed 20210126
KDE Plasma Version: 5.20.90
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.78.0
Qt Version: 5.15.2
Kernel Version: 5.10.9-1-default
OS Type: 64-bit
Processors: 6 × AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1055T Processor
Memory: 15.6 GiB of RAM
Graphics Processor: Quadro K2000/PCIe/SSE2
burger

Re: Can not access/view events, filters, montage, montage review zm 1.34.21 on openSUSE Tumbleweed

Post by burger »

Do the apache logs offer any hints (might need to make more verbose)? What about browser console logs? It sounds like a cookies issue, since you said it works once.

Also, how is OpenSUSE different from Debian setups? That might be something to pay attention to. I'm familiar with Debian and ZM, but haven't worked with opensuse.
fastest way to test streams:
ffmpeg -i rtsp://<user>:<pass>@<ipaddress>:554/path ./output.mp4 (if terminal only)
ffplay rtsp://<user>:<pass>@<ipaddress>:554/path (gui)
find paths on ispydb or in zm hcl

If you are new to security software, read:
https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Dummies_Guide
emailej

Resolved - Re: Can not access/view events, filters, montage, montage review zm 1.34.21 on openSUSE Tumbleweed

Post by emailej »

Well thanks for the ideas on Apache or browser logs.
As it turns out I got too busy to follow up but did an update to Tumbleweed 20210131 and zm 1.34.21-32.67 today. Everything is back to normal so I'll call that a win!

Cheers