Suggested settings for External Motion Detection plus Record

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.34.x releases only.
gbruneau

Suggested settings for External Motion Detection plus Record

Post by gbruneau »

Hello,

I'm trying to find the proper setting to allow for external motion detection with record? Option 2 is ok with me but I was wondering if it's possible to set the Cause field? When I have my zone active the cause field displays 'External Motion', which is the text I am passing to the zmtrigger process. I'm just wondering if there's something simple that I've overlooked. Thanks!

1. Monitor set to record. Triggering an alarm will result in the cause field being empty.
2. Monitor set to mocord with the zone set to inactive. Triggering an alarm will result in the cause field set to Unknown.
gbruneau

Re: Suggested settings for External Motion Detection plus Record

Post by gbruneau »

I found out that after restarting ZM option 1 no longer works. Ideally it would be nice to have a Nodectrecord option.
burger

Post by burger »

fastest way to test streams:
ffmpeg -i rtsp://<user>:<pass>@<ipaddress>:554/path ./output.mp4 (if terminal only)
ffplay rtsp://<user>:<pass>@<ipaddress>:554/path (gui)
find paths on ispydb or in zm hcl

If you are new to security software, read:
https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Dummies_Guide
gbruneau

Post by gbruneau »

Thank you Burger, I should have been more clear. I am currently using zmtrigger, however I’m not sure what the recommended monitoring method is when I only want External Triggers along with Record.

I’m assuming the suggestion method is Mocord with the zone set to inactive but I wanted to double check. When the monitor is set to record zmtrigger doesn’t work.