Server slows down

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.34.x releases only.
oksiweles84

Server slows down

Post by oksiweles84 »

Sorry, the text was translated with the help of the Google translator.

The problem is as follows: there is Zoneminder v. 1.34.21, which has 70 cameras. The image quality in "Montage rewiev" mode is poor and cameras drop out periodically.
Server:
CPU: Intel (R) Xeon (R) CPU E5405 8 * 2.00GHz
Memory: 32 GB
No video cards.

Please advise what can be adjusted. Thank you.
burger

Re: Server slows down

Post by burger »

Sounds like you underspeced your server. Either add another server, or upgrade the hardware.

If you search around there may be some more tips on optimization. I thought there was a thread specific to montage recently, but regardless, there are always ways to lower CPU usage. See https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Dummies_Guide
fastest way to test streams:
ffmpeg -i rtsp://<user>:<pass>@<ipaddress>:554/path ./output.mp4 (if terminal only)
ffplay rtsp://<user>:<pass>@<ipaddress>:554/path (gui)
find paths on ispydb or in zm hcl

If you are new to security software, read:
https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Dummies_Guide
bbunge

Re: Server slows down

Post by bbunge »

oksiweles84 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:37 am Sorry, the text was translated with the help of the Google translator.

The problem is as follows: there is Zoneminder v. 1.34.21, which has 70 cameras. The image quality in "Montage rewiev" mode is poor and cameras drop out periodically.
Server:
CPU: Intel (R) Xeon (R) CPU E5405 8 * 2.00GHz
Memory: 32 GB
No video cards.

Please advise what can be adjusted. Thank you.
First, lower the frame rate and resolution. 5 FPS at 640x480 or something like that. Yes, I know you invested in the high res cams but Zoneminder is not a 42 FPS movie camera system. And you can catch crooks at 5 FPS! Get it stable and push the settings higher to see waht happens.
If you want to continually monitor groups of cameras, set up a web page to show the cameras you want on a group and feed those web pages from Zoneminder. Can provide the code if needed.