Time offset between alarmed frames and event

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.34.x releases only.
zemsten

Time offset between alarmed frames and event

Post by zemsten »

Hello all,

I've got Zoneminder 1.34.20 setup and running on a Debian LXC. Everything seems to be working great. Zones are setup, motion detection works. I have 4 monitors configured from 2 camera's RTMP streams. 2 are full resolution, 2 are substreams. The 2 substreams are set to Mocord. The 2 full resolution are set to Nodect with triggers from the substreams. Everything works as you would expect, except the timing seems to be a few seconds off. I noticed this after I set up ES, because the frames it was grabbing for analysis didn't seem to be right ever. Upon further investigation, when I go to review an event on the substream, the red bar showing where the event is, is wrong. The video that corresponds to the motion detection happens after the red bar in the video. The time on the cameras, the Debian LXC, the php config, and the zoneminder config all matches. If I go look at the alarmed frames and their scores, they seem to be accurate, which makes sense. It's not like zoneminder can magically score a frame where nothing is occurring. It wouldn't even be a big deal, but I really would like to get ES working with object detection properly, which means it needs to see the right frames.
zemsten

Re: Time offset between alarmed frames and event

Post by zemsten »

Well I noticed that the buffer settings between my low-res mocord streams and my high-res nodect triggered streams weren't exactly the same. I tweaked them so they are all the same now, and still no dice... This is nearly completely breaking my ES object detection since it rarely gets the right frame.
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

I've seen similar things but every time I've looked closer things turned out ok. Has been on my todo list to look closer.
zemsten

Post by zemsten »

I'm beginning to think that possibly some of my issues are being caused by having multiple object detections from multiple events within the same clip in my mocord setup. I don't think ES would append notes, and I don't know about the detection frames being written back to zoneminder.... It's very possible that multiple things are going on here making it seem like a larger more singular problem. If I figure anything out, I'll be sure to post here.