Auto Stop Timeout can't be set as a decimal or fraction

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.34.x releases only.
shahmir_k

Auto Stop Timeout can't be set as a decimal or fraction

Post by shahmir_k » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:08 am

Title is pretty self explanatory. I finally got ptz working on my chinese ip cam using auto onvif discovery and the netcat script, but the auto stop timeout can only be set to 0 or 1 secondplus nothing in between. Could someone help me. Am I missing something or doing something wrong? I tried to set the pan/tilt speed and step parameters to 1 but that's still not slow enough. Thanks

iconnor

Re: Auto Stop Timeout can't be set as a decimal or fraction

Post by iconnor » Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:30 pm

you will need to edit /usr/share/zoneminder/www/skins/classic/views/monitor.php around line 1074

Find the html code for the Auto Stop Timeout input element
<td><input type="number" name="newMonitor[AutoStopTimeout]" value="<?php echo validHtmlStr($monitor->AutoStopTimeout()) ?>" /></td>

Change it to

<td><input type="number" name="newMonitor[AutoStopTimeout]" value="<?php echo validHtmlStr($monitor->AutoStopTimeout()) ?>" min="0" step="any"/></td>

by adding the step="any"

This fix will be in 1.34.17

shahmir_k

Re: Auto Stop Timeout can't be set as a decimal or fraction

Post by shahmir_k » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:55 am

Thank you! That fixed my problem perfectly! Now my zoneminder setup is finally all good to go :)

Btw the decimal issue also exists when trying to setup the pan/tilt speeds in the control capability window. I hope that will be fixed as well. I'm going to try to look around the filesystem to find the right file to edit in the meantime.