can't create frame capture images from video because there is no video file for this event

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.34.x releases only.
swamprats

can't create frame capture images from video because there is no video file for this event

Post by swamprats »

Hi,

I'm slowly figuring this out but have this one recurring issue. The good news is if I end the monitor and restart it, or it cycles when the time limit is reached, most of the images are generated. I have the following error which does not make sense to me. These messages were sent while the alarm was active. It appears they went away after the alarm ended.

in web_php.log
06/19/20 17:13:22.617797 web_php[23423].FAT [10.10.10.10] [Can't create frame capture images from video because there is no video file for this event at /media/srat/driveb/zoneminder/events/1/2020-06-19/293/] at /usr/share/zoneminder/www/views/image.php line 221

while the .mp4 exists at

srat@STEVESLXP7:/media/srat/driveb/zoneminder/events/1/2020-06-19/293/293-video.mp4

I'm probably missing something, or have something incorrect in my zonemimder config since I just started using this for the first time two weeks ago. I am in test mode to see if I can use this product.

Currently using Mocord as my recording option and Save JPEGS to Analysis images only. If I can ever get zoneminder configured correctly I'll change to Modect.

I don't have and resource issues with the hardware, i7, 32gb memory, 2tb SSD for storage, 23% used.
burger

Re: can't create frame capture images from video because there is no video file for this event

Post by burger »

What distribution? What steps did you use to install it?

Is there a different filesystem on the /mnt than ext4? It is an external drive, correct?

What steps did you use to make the mount? Was it the one on https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Contents at the top (using a dedicated hdd).
fastest way to test streams:
ffmpeg -i rtsp://<user>:<pass>@<ipaddress>:554/path ./output.mp4 (if terminal only)
ffplay rtsp://<user>:<pass>@<ipaddress>:554/path (gui)
find paths on ispydb or in zm hcl

If you are new to security software, read:
https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Dummies_Guide
swamprats

Re: can't create frame capture images from video because there is no video file for this event

Post by swamprats »

Hi,

I used the method below to install zoneminder.
https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Ubuntu_Serv ... der_1.34.x
Zoneminder Version is 1.34.16. OS version is Ubuntu 20.04 Gnome Version 3.36.2

Changed the storage to another internal ext4 drive. Used the method documented here
https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Using_a_ded ... Hard_Drive

Verified the ownership and permissions of the directories on the second drive.
ls -l lists the directories as drwxr-xr-x www-data:www-data. The files within the directories are secured as rw-rw-r--. The logs aren't complaining about permissions.

Used fstab to mount the drives. The method below did not work.
https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Common_Issu ... ive_or_NAS
After a reboot the drive was unmounted and would not mount to the drive, I used Disks provided by Ubuntu to mount the drives and it added the entries into fstab. This system does not have an HDD only SSD's. Ubuntu created the mount points in /media and /run/systemd/generator.

Zoneminder is not creating .jpg images unless I review an event with alarm frames. and choose frames to get the images to generate on the HDD. Unfortunately this generates many images but appear to be only related to an alarm. since there are fewer images generated from events with a small number of alarm frames..

I left zoneminder running over night and other than and occasional Capture file does not exist at storage location which is true. Images don't exist unless I view the event frames.

Reviewing the logs this morning and zmc_m1.log and zma_m1.log report nothing but INF messages. web_php.log reports Capture file does not exist multiple times. I walked outside to generate an alarm and the times coincide with the messages so these appear to be related to an alarm. Apache2 error logs don't report anything unusual to an untrained eye. There is no time stamp in this log so it is difficult to know when messages were generated. Apache version reports 2.4.41 built 2020-04-13T17:19:17.

Interesting. Before I went to bed the 293 directory existed with video in the events directory. I created the case because of this. This morning he 293 directory is deleted, and event 293 does not exist in Zoneminder.

Other than this issue, zoneminder seems to be working. This morning the software updater reported there were some zoneminder updates and I just installed them.

Lemme know if you need anything else, I can fumble my way into getting what you need.
swamprats

Post by swamprats »

Hi,

After the software update zoneminder is now reporting 1.35.5
swamprats

Post by swamprats »

HI,

I was wrong regarding .jpg's. When viewing event frames it is generating what appears to be all jpg's for the event. I have one event, no alarms and 14,000 images. Eh.... It's a crash dummy right now.