syslog stuck on zoneminder!

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.34.x releases only.
konctl

syslog stuck on zoneminder!

Post by konctl »

I shutdown the server. I restarted exactly the same system configuration. Actually I moved all my drives to another computer. Same drives, same software, just different cpu and memory. Everything seems to work fine.

Except from zm's logs page! The entries do not get refreshed. I can't get my head around this: The logs in /var/log work correctly, they are all there. When I tail -f /var/log/syslog I can see exactly what I should see at zm's log web page! (Unfortunately there is no entry indicating a problem in the zm's logs page when I hit refresh, for example. Actually there are no errors or warnings at all).

In zm's logs web page, there are logs entries for a duration of about 8 minutes, at around the time I shutdown the server. Also in the logs page, on top the state is alarm, no idea why. Also is says "updated Mon, 11:41", but the last entry in the page is at 05:19:08, as you can see in the attached picture. Also I attach the actual /var/log/syslog.

The date on my system is correct. I am on ubuntu server 18.04. I restarted zoneminder like, 3-4 times, maybe more. I restarted apache2, mysql, even rsyslog. Does anyone have an idea what is happening?

Oh, and since I observed the problem at zm version 1.34.9 I updated to 1.34.15. The logs in zm's web page are still the same though!
Attachments
tailf-syslog.png
tailf-syslog.png (113.6 KiB) Viewed 1240 times
alarm-state.png
alarm-state.png (94.33 KiB) Viewed 1240 times