1.34.12 - Capturing but not showing in Console

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.34.x releases only.
Smack2k

1.34.12 - Capturing but not showing in Console

Post by Smack2k »

My cameras appear to be motoin capturing as if I look in the logs, In seeing them capturing at 25 fps, image total and bandwidth and then analyzing it. However, no new videos are showing in the console.

I added an active zone and an inactive zone to both of my cameras, so I dont know if that is part of the issue. I say that as in the zone I have marked active, I have walked around my back yard and front yard (both are active zones on the corresponding cameras) and there is no video added to my console when I come back to check. To make things stranger, in my front yard, I have the active zone as my yard and driveway and an inactive zone for the street (so I dont get every car passing by). Overnight, due to cars headlights coming into my yard (active zone) it recorded the cars passing by.

I am at a loss as to why its not capturing anything involving myself or other family members in the yard. My wife and son were outside in the backyard for 15 min today. The backyard is an active zone in my settings for that monitor. There is nothing showing in the console as being recorded. The last videos for front and back yard were both early this AM (5 AM), but like I said, I still see information messages in the logs of video being captured and analyzed....

No clue what to do here! Any help is greatly appreciated....
bbunge

Re: 1.34.12 - Capturing but not showing in Console

Post by bbunge »

Smack2k wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 3:27 pm My cameras appear to be motoin capturing as if I look in the logs, In seeing them capturing at 25 fps, image total and bandwidth and then analyzing it. However, no new videos are showing in the console.

I added an active zone and an inactive zone to both of my cameras, so I dont know if that is part of the issue. I say that as in the zone I have marked active, I have walked around my back yard and front yard (both are active zones on the corresponding cameras) and there is no video added to my console when I come back to check. To make things stranger, in my front yard, I have the active zone as my yard and driveway and an inactive zone for the street (so I dont get every car passing by). Overnight, due to cars headlights coming into my yard (active zone) it recorded the cars passing by.

I am at a loss as to why its not capturing anything involving myself or other family members in the yard. My wife and son were outside in the backyard for 15 min today. The backyard is an active zone in my settings for that monitor. There is nothing showing in the console as being recorded. The last videos for front and back yard were both early this AM (5 AM), but like I said, I still see information messages in the logs of video being captured and analyzed....

No clue what to do here! Any help is greatly appreciated....
Linux distro and version, please

Also see: https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Defining_Zones