New Version?

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.34.x releases only.
Microchip

New Version?

Post by Microchip »

Hello!
I installed ZM this morning on Raspbian.

I get pop up "new version" every time:
An update to ZoneMinder is available.
The latest release is v1.34.8, you have v1.34.6.
With apt-get upgrade I find nothing! Why?

Thanks
skyking

Re: New Version?

Post by skyking »

Most repositories are a few versions behind on many things. You need to look into editing your sources.lst and pointing to a different repository for ZM.
Take a look at this link, but make sure it is right for raspbian. There may be a different repository for that.
https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Debian_10_B ... om_ZM_Repo
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

ZM 1.34.6 is the most recent version on zmrepo for 32 bit Buster, armhf. If you want the most recent version install Ubuntu Bionic on the Pi.
Microchip

Post by Microchip »

In my sources.list there is deb https://zmrepo.zoneminder.com/debian/release-1.34 buster/
bbunge wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:44 pm ZM 1.34.6 is the most recent version on zmrepo for 32 bit Buster, armhf. If you want the most recent version install Ubuntu Bionic on the Pi.
But I have other software on that raspberry and I'm also testing "Shi nobi" and "MotionEye".
It seems absurd that to update, I have to change the operating system.
It wouldn't be serious.

If for my Buster the last version is 1.34.6, why it continue to open the popup???

I am writing the pros and cons of these 3 software and I am very undecided on which of these software to use.
I believe I have already discarded MotionEye. Shi nobi and ZoneMinder remain.
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

Microchip wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:57 pm
If for my Buster the last version is 1.34.6, why it continue to open the popup???
The software likely checks the iconnor PPA which has version 1.34.10 as of 26APR20. You can turn off update checks if you want to. I'm sure the developer will, in time, do a new .deb for the armhf. The updates since 1.34.6 likely will not improve ZM on your Pi.
Microchip

Post by Microchip »

Ok, thank you!