RTSP Streaming from ZoneMinder?

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.34.x releases only.
MJN

RTSP Streaming from ZoneMinder?

Post by MJN »

I currently use TinyCamMonitor on Android to view my Zoneminder monitors via JPEG/HTTP and the https://<source>/zm/cgi-bin/nph-zms?&mode=single&monitor=12[etc] source URL.

The bandwidth required for such streaming is considerably higher than when I access the camera's H264 stream directly over RTSP and so I was wondering if Zoneminder might be able to serve up live streams over H264/RTSP (perhaps even for those cameras that aren't providing a H264 stream to Zoneminder in the first place, but that's not essential) to minimise bandwidth and maximise performance when viewing multiple cameras on mobiles?

I do have H264 passthrough enabled (for those cameras that provide such a stream) and so wondered if that is a means through which I can access the 'raw' stream?
iconnor

Re: RTSP Streaming from ZoneMinder?

Post by iconnor »

This will come in 1.35 likely.

However there is little funding so who knows when we will get around to it.. Feel free to donate to encourage the devs to find time.
MJN

Post by MJN »

Great, thanks. Donation just made (a modest amount I'm sure - I had no idea about what amount helps - but hopefully the more that do so the more it adds up however small).
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

Any amount helps. Thank you very much for your donation.

I'm going to get around to a post about the current state of affairs.. soon...hopefully.