Zone scheduling

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.34.x releases only.
LostInTheSauce

Zone scheduling

Post by LostInTheSauce »

I'm new to ZM, so please don't flame me up if I'm asking a stupid question, but... Is it possible to configure different zone configurations based on scheduling rules, or at least create "scenes", if you will, to switch to different zone configurations based on the selection of a different "scene"?

I'd like to trim down the number of zones, or turn off detection completely at certain times of the day, then switch to max protect at night.

Thanks
bbunge

Re: Zone scheduling

Post by bbunge »

I seemed to remember from a while back that Zones do not change across Run States. So I did a test with ZM 1.34.5 and set up two new Run States and changed the Zone in each and as I suspected they did not change when I switched run states.

With that said, you can set a run state for Day and another for Night, Configure the same camera in two monitors in Zoneminder, have different Zones set in each monitor and switch Run States with a scheduled cron job. I have several cameras in a warehouse that run in mocord during work hours and modect at night. Easy enough to switch the monitors to None then back to Modect.
nrbell

Re: Zone scheduling

Post by nrbell »

I do this using some scripts that I wrote. The zmctrl script is used to set zone parameters. The dosunrise script is an example of a cron script to use along with the sunrise script to schedule zone parameter changes.