Object detection is working, now what...

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.34.x releases only.
Mozart

Object detection is working, now what...

Post by Mozart »

So, I have object detection working with zmeventnotification. It works great but what to do with it?
How are you using this? Some clever automation, a nice script or something else?
asker

Re: Object detection is working, now what...

Post by asker »

Good question. You mean its not amazing to see boxes around things you know already how to identify :D ?

I mostly use it to filter out junk notifications to my phone. Previously I'd get useless motion notifications to my phone all the time. Now with object detection, I only get "person' or 'car' notifications for my driveway, and person as well as 'face recognition' (family member/not family member) notifications in my front door. So basically "better notifications that makes sense"

Others integrate it with Home Assistant and OpenHAB to do stuff like turn on front lights if a person were to come up (but obviously not for a cat)

etc.
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

Please read before posting:
How to set up logging properly
How to troubleshoot and report - ES
How to troubleshoot and report - zmNinja
ES docs
zmNinja docs
Mozart

Re: Object detection is working, now what...

Post by Mozart »

asker wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:56 pm Good question. You mean its not amazing to see boxes around things you know already how to identify :D ?

I mostly use it to filter out junk notifications to my phone. Previously I'd get useless motion notifications to my phone all the time. Now with object detection, I only get "person' or 'car' notifications for my driveway, and person as well as 'face recognition' (family member/not family member) notifications in my front door. So basically "better notifications that makes sense"

Others integrate it with Home Assistant and OpenHAB to do stuff like turn on front lights if a person were to come up (but obviously not for a cat)

etc.
Aha, I did not know that when object detection is active you only get notifications for objects that are on the list. That is good to know. So this means I do not get a notification anymore when to rains very hard. That happens now and then. I will keep an eye out to see if that still happens now that I have object detection.