video missing to DL and time offset.

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.34.x releases only.
swanzm

video missing to DL and time offset.

Post by swanzm »

Hey,

There was an incident outside my home at 12.40 so i need to get a recording for the police of which they want 20 mins before and after. So i go to the Montage review page and filter for the front camera and search those time. On the montage view the times stamps for that interval show correctly but when i go to download the timestamps in the video are off by about 20 minutes. so for example filtering for 12.10-12.30 shows the time stamp 12.10-12.30 in the montage review but the downloaded video shows 12.30-12.50.

Also for some reason i can see the video before 12.30 on the montage view but if i go to download it all I get is either an video file with the file size of 602KB which does not play in VLC player or the error "There are no events found. Resulting download will be empty." I have these cameras set to record 24/7 so there should be a video to download and also the montage view shows there is a video.

I have managed to get the video from 12.10-12.30 from downloading it from the storage drive but when i go to play the video it freezes about 50% of the way through. the video plays perfect in ZM so not sure why there is an issue when i play with VLC. I was able to fix the video by converting it in VLC player but still do not understand why there is a 20 min time offset from the video on montage to the video downloaded and why i get error "There are no events found. Resulting download will be empty."

Any ideas whats going on or how to resolve.
burger

Re: video missing to DL and time offset.

Post by burger »

If you have poorly made cameras, then dropouts can occur.

Encoding errors do not happen with good quality cameras.
fastest way to test streams:
ffmpeg -i rtsp://<user>:<pass>@<ipaddress>:554/path ./output.mp4 (if terminal only)
ffplay rtsp://<user>:<pass>@<ipaddress>:554/path (gui)
find paths on ispydb or in zm hcl

If you are new to security software, read:
https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Dummies_Guide
swanzm

Post by swanzm »

burger wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:57 pm If you have poorly made cameras, then dropouts can occur.

Encoding errors do not happen with good quality cameras.
the cameras are dahua and its not an encoding error its a search/dl error on the ZM side.

Instead of it downloading the correct video interval 12.30-12.50 it downloads 12.10-12.30 even though it shows the correct video in the montage.
burger

Post by burger »

swanzm wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:26 pm
the cameras are dahua and its not an encoding error its a search/dl error on the ZM side.

Instead of it downloading the correct video interval 12.30-12.50 it downloads 12.10-12.30 even though it shows the correct video in the montage.
ZM is just a wrapper for libvlc or libffmpeg so the error would im guessing be there. Test cameras with VLC or ffmpeg before deploying to make sure there are no dropouts.

As to the search error, try viewing the camera in single monitor mode? i dont use montage review often so can't say if there are search bugs there. i advise recording 24/7 on hi res and modect on the low res stream to make sure no events are lost.
fastest way to test streams:
ffmpeg -i rtsp://<user>:<pass>@<ipaddress>:554/path ./output.mp4 (if terminal only)
ffplay rtsp://<user>:<pass>@<ipaddress>:554/path (gui)
find paths on ispydb or in zm hcl

If you are new to security software, read:
https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Dummies_Guide
SetLucas

Post by SetLucas »

I'm also having this issue.

I can confirm the events are there, and if I go into the camera manually and select it I can download it. I can also view the footage in the montage review, however I dont see any way to download what Im looking at or any events in there.

There is viewable footage throughout the entire span, with numerous events in there. But when I selected download, it said it'd be empty. Pressing download anyway resulted in an "ERROR: EXPORT FAILED MESSAGE" with the error:

Code: Select all

No events found for download using SELECT E.Id, E.DiskSpace FROM Events AS E WHERE 1 AND ( ( E.StartDateTime >= '2024-02-10 15:48:19' and E.StartDateTime <= '2024-02-10 15:56:43' ) and E.MonitorId IN ('5') )

actions can no longer be performed without POST. Requested: download for request
, and

No event id(s) supplied

I tried refreshing, choosing a different time area, and more, and no luck.

I tried it again a few minutes later and it worked. Not sure what changed.